Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: USB MIXER

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

mzackPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was curious as to the advantages/disadvantages to using a mixer that has USB connection, my future set up consists of this:

Dell Laptop - have already
VDJ Pro w/ MK2- have already
DAC-3 Controller - soon
ESI-U46DJ - soon
Mixer - Need help with tis one......

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 7:02 pm
Most USB Mixers are you are not able to link them to virtural dj. So you either use VDJ internal mixer or use the USB Mixer. I have the RANE MP4 and it works great. It works like two sound cards. I use virtual dj's internal mixer and keep the Rane set in the center slider. You can also hook up two other channels like turntable or cd players. Go to Rane and take it look. It is a little on the pricey side, but the sound quality is great.

Mike

Inviato Thu 16 Feb 06 @ 11:07 pm
manjitHome userMember since 2006
the prize of your timecodeviny and usb mixer

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 6:04 am
i think that you link most of the mixers usb with virtual dj, and i also think that always will be better a mixer and tcvs than any other things as a mk2 , bcd, dac3.

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 11:52 am
Sunsetbowling

I checked out the RANE MP4 Mixer, I like it a lot, yes it is a bit pricey, but its small and rack mountable.....SWEET! If I wanted to use that as my main mixer, not the VDJ internal mixer, plus Im using the DAC3 Controller, both are USB, Im a little confused on the seting in VDJ.....Is there a tutorial I can see to help me, or hpw is your MP4 set up again???

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 12:47 pm
Dear Mzack: You might want to contact the VDJ staff directly. I don't use the DAC3 Controller. I stricly use VDJ with the Mixer. In my setting I have one duel cd deck into the 3 and 4 ports. I have my comupter tied in to the mixer via the usb. I keep the mixer set in the middle and use all the controls off of VDJ. You have to go to the sound conf. in VDJ and scroll down towards the bottom. You will see two sound card conf. with advance settings. Once you get your mixer it comes with all the drivers including there own mixing software. Don't care for there software. However, install just the drivers from the disc. When you go to advance setting in VDJ sound card you will see the MP4 mixer. Assign the channels to your specifications. One word...if you use a labtop or play around at home with out usb mixer hooked up when you turn on VDJ you will get an aosi driver error. Not a big deal, just go to your VDJ sound settings and change them to an interanl sound card.

I have been using this mixer for a while. If fact I have only use Rane mixers. Two reasons. One is the sound quality is better then any mixer I have used and I have used them all. Second, there product is designed with DJ's in mind, especially mobile applications. They really hold up to the constant ware.

Good Luck. Again check with the VDJ Support staff about using the DAC3. I am sure it will not be a problem. They should get back to you quickley. There suppport is great.

Mike

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 2:45 pm
Thanks Mike, good advice......I will check it out.

Inviato Fri 17 Feb 06 @ 3:09 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)