Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Diverticulitis

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Warning...
This thread is initiated by a FNG. If you are prone to mailigning virtual idiots please shift gears now to another thread to avoid the buzzkill.
I am a recent convert from Red 5.3 and am very used to being able to use a track link path that allows me to divert my record case to my removable drive so the current data is on the dedicated music drive which comes out and goes home with daddy every night. That way wherever I plug in the drive the data is with it. All my server cases have a dedicated Ops drive and dedicated music drives. With VDJ so far, I have to make copies of the playlist folder and the database.xml file and the history file to transfer every time I change machines to stay current.
In order to be able to slide my drive in the dock and play is there a way to change the track link path to my music drive for these three folders or files? Or do they have to remain in c:\program files\virtual dj?

ps: i really don't want to install the .exe on the music drive as I would like to have it run from the Ops drive if at all possible.

Inviato Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 1:31 am
Deeptrack,

It does not matter where you store your files or even if you rename them, as long as you have the VDJ Database it will find the info. I have renamed tracks and moved them all over my computer but once VDJ has scanned them it will keep the info with the track.

Partyman

Inviato Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 10:56 am
Greetings Partyman,
How's Houston? I want to be sure on this. You are saying that the database.xml file does not have to be in the same folder as the vdj.exe? So now I will try and run the program with the virtualDJdatabase.xml and the history.txt and the mp3database.txt on my removable and see if the soft ware finds them. I'll be back with the results.
DDT

Inviato Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 2:24 pm
Just an uneducated observation but if you put the database.xml, history.txt and database.txt any place but the vdj installation folder (which in most cases is on C: drive) the executable will ask for a new local scan and recreate the files in the vdj folder on C:. Bummer that means I have to copy paste every night before I go home. Any body know another way? thanks.

Inviato Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 2:57 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
FNG, that is funny Paul.
I did some poking around on this, and if you reinstall the program the 3 set up window allows you to browse and chose the destination directory for the program files.
So your external could serve as your source drive for the program file location.
Just re run the install it's worth a try.

Inviato Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 3:42 pm
Paul,

Houston is good and about to get Hot! I kinda misunderstood your question earlier. As far as I can tell the xml Database must be in the VDJ folder. I was talking about moving music around to different drives and not losing BPM or Cue information. I have always worked with "Tagged" files that the info stayed with the MP3s. It has taken me awhile to figure out how the xml thing works but I like it now.

Inviato Sun 26 Mar 06 @ 7:16 pm
after some file swapping it looks like you have to run the xml from the same folder as the .exe meaning i have to either run the program from the music drive or copy stuff nightly and cut and paste to my home unit to back up or work on files at home. c'st la vie.

Inviato Mon 27 Mar 06 @ 9:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)