Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC3 crash recover - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

john c
am i reading correctly
what do you mean mapper "update"
all i got was the dac3mapper.zip did i miss the update? i have the 12-17-2005 version downloaded on 3-17-2006
also the text file needs to be changed as there is no moving of the dll. it gets auto installed and confuses the user.
so you use 2.0 usb , open vdj , use the buttons and close without a crash, perfectly editing you database.xml?
at least now i know there are 3 other people on earth using the dac3:
rick, you and jp
thanks for the good news "LUCKY"

signed
still looking for the quirk in computerland
DDT

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 9:34 pm
By update, I think he means updating from the default mapper built into VDJ. 17th Dec 2005 is latest version of the v1.0 mapper - All work since then has been on the v2.0 mapper.

At the time of releasing v1.0, I didn't know that VDJ team were going to create a convenient auto-installer for it (Similar to what they've also done for skins, which you used to have to install manually by copying to VDJ skins folder.) This is why the instructions talk about manually copying it rather than running the installer program.

The crash problem at exit is still being looked into, but it appears to be something to do with the way VDJ unloads the mapper DLL when exiting. The same problem also occurs with the default (Unmodified) mapper compiled from the SDK. Hopefully this problem will be fixed in the next version of VDJ. The problem doesn't cause a crash under WinXP SP 2, but it's still there (SP 2 seems to handle the exception better.)

The unresponsive buttons problem is possibly something to do with USB communications with the DAC-3. This is something that may need fixing in the main VDJ code. I've not been able to replicate this problem myself so far - I've tried both under Windows XP (SP 2) and 2000 (SP 4) with DAC-3 both directly connected and via both a powered and unpowered USB hub. I've even managed to borrow and try another DAC-3 and that worked perfectly too...

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:54 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Service pack 2 does in fact fix this crash.
That is why more people arent having the problem.

Inviato Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 9:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)