Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Que points

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is the video or any que points for that matter associated with the file or sored in the programm. What I mean is is spent some time setting up the fade in and out on some videos on my laptop and then cut and pasted the same vids in my rack pc but none of the que points transfered. Did I not "save" something or does the que points for the track stored in VDJ?

Thanks

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 6:31 pm
PS I did my first video mixxing show in the club last night and man was it awesome. The people kept me there until 4am this morning. Thumbs up VDJ dudes or dudettes for giving us the ability to do this. Certainly something you guys out there sitting on the fence of deciding to buy or not should know. You WILL find a whole business. Another club owner was in there and saw the videos playing and beatmixed and loved it. The crowd was into it, it was totally awesome. I will probably pick that gig up once we have worked out $$$$.

Anyway even with those first "rough" video transitions on the first couple of videos it worked out good. If I have to redo those points, then so be it.

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 6:40 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
no its not stored in the file. its stored in another file. i think u have to move that file too.

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 6:41 pm
where is this file? I don't see it in the folder with the original song. I was an OTS user and it created an .OMX file with the same file name. Not a huge file around 10k but I could see it.

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 6:47 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
i think the file is an .xml file. its in the Virtual DJ folder.

Inviato Sat 08 Apr 06 @ 9:42 pm
All cue information as well as the automix start and end points, bpm, song length, volume and comment information is stored in the file "VirtualDJ Database.xml". This file could be found in the folder where you have installed VDJ. Default is C:|program files|VirtualDJ.
Make regular backups of this file while it will take some time to redo your cues and comments.
Ewout

Inviato Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 3:46 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's a pain when you move your music drive from PC to PC... It would be useful if VDJ let you keep the xml file on your external drive, like I used to do with my pcdj recordcase...

Inviato Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 4:01 pm
I suppose there are many ways to do things. I did not like the way OTS did it either. Seems like it just eats up "real estate" on the hdd. I will look for the xml file. I can't carry the rack pc around. I would like to take the files and work on them in my laptop and then load them back in the other. It's not a big deal right now. But when I get up to 1000's of videos, that won't be cool. As always, great advise.. Thanks

Inviato Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 6:36 pm
I also use a pc build in my mobile set and a laptop. I also use an external harddrive.
On the harddrive I created a VDJ folder. before I start to dj, I copy the shortcuts and database from the harddrive to the vdj folder. After the gig (some additional songs are analysed, shortcuts and cues might added) I copy those files back to the external harddrive. I do this on my laptop and also on the build in pc. In this case I have always the correct files, and I will not miss any cue point.
It takes some discipline, but works for me. You could also an usb stick instead of the harddrive.
Ewout

Inviato Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 9:49 pm
Superstom, do you have to delete the previous .xml file? IF not how does VDJ know which file to use?

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 3:12 am
I will overwrite the file. By copying it always to the harddrive at the end of the gig (After VDJ is closed, because then the database is saved), I always know that the harddrive contains the last version. So I could replace the file in the program folder of VDJ, because that file is always older or the same as the file on the harddrive.
Ewout

Inviato Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 6:40 pm
Thanks Superstom, it worked perfect. All I have to do is re watch the videos again and reset my cue points. Btw, what is the difference in mix tempo and mix fade on the edit bpm popup? Seems to do the same.

Inviato Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:43 pm
I may have answered my own question from above. I do have another one. IS shutting down vdj the only way to save the database? Surely there is another way. It's a pain to have to do that every so often in case something crashes. Anyone chime in here if they know.

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 3:36 am
I'm not sure if re-scanning the hard drive will do what you want. It can't hurt to try. Tell the truth, video mixing is the shit, isn't it? Glad your gig went well.

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:13 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sounds like Superstom's method is the only way to go at the moment... Perhaps some bright spark could write a little program to automate this process, or maybe VDJ could do something in a future release? Just the option to keep the .xml file in a user-defined location, rather than having to have it in c:/program files/virtualdj would make life so much easier for us!

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 5:45 am
Yea thats the way to go. It seems that the changes of the que points don't take effect until the database is saved. The reason I say this is everyone knoows how these artist or directors want to showcase their
"acting" skills. Some should stick to singing. But anyway, queing the song when the muisc starts is what we need. Yesterday I was playing my vids and setting que points. I could load a song and set the points and then reload to play it agin and none of the que points took effect until the database was saved, which requires shutting down vdj. Dev. team, her's an oppurtunity to add this little feature on 4 if it's not to late or if already added. Just a suggestion! Thanks

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 3:48 pm
@djSherz: You could simply create 2 cmd files (good old dos command files). 1 for copying the file from your external harddrive to the VDJ program folder (VDJDatabaseFromUSBToVDJ.cmd)
Insert the following line in the file:
Copy /Y "G:|BackupVDJ|VirtualDJ Database.xml" "C:|Program Files|VirtualDJ|VirtualDJ Database.xml"

remember to use a back slash instead of the |. The double quotes should be used, while there are spaces in the path.
Note: the usb drive has driveletter G. the File is stored in the subfolder BackupVDJ

Create a second cmd file (VDJDatabaseFromVDJToUsb.cmd)
Insert the following line in the file:
Copy /Y "C:|Program Files|VirtualDJ|VirtualDJ Database.xml" "G:|BackupVDJ|VirtualDJ Database.xml"

Set both cmd files on your desktop. The only thing you will have to remember is to start the correct cmd file. Of course you could at a second line copying the shortcuts.xml file. You could also first rename the original file, before copying, to have a backup in case you start the wrong cmd file. If you need help just let me know

@d rock: You could save your database at all time using a keyboard shortcut. I use a combination of buttons: ctrl+s, like it is the shortcut for save in a lot of other applications. The shortcut action is: savedatabase
Ewout

Inviato Wed 12 Apr 06 @ 11:43 pm
Cooool. Keyboard shortcuts is an area that I need a little help. Is a turtorial on how to create and save around? Maybe a stupid question but that would be a lot of help.

Inviato Fri 14 Apr 06 @ 12:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)