Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer BCD2000 shortcuts XML - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Hy to all users,

Well the silence of the vdj team upleasantly surprises me to say the least. We've been waiting for the release of the bcd 2000 for more than a year now, the interest for this controller was huge and the only normal thing would be the full integrated support from vdj. Only this topic was viewed almost 2600 times, which is more than enough for a simple conclusion that users who payed full price for vdj are more than interested in buying and having bcd 2000, including myself. Obviously the combination of the two could be a perfect match, but at the same time if not done on time or properly it could also be a reason for many unsastisfied custommers. Bottom line is sample, get us answers and get us a full integrated version of vdj that can use the maximum out of bcd 2000.

Best regards to y all

dj cckid

Inviato Tue 23 May 06 @ 10:38 am
We will soon see where VDJ loyality's are to it's uses or to the company's that are paying them to support their products. To avoid what the user wants is a sure fire way to loose support for VDJ.

Inviato Tue 23 May 06 @ 12:48 pm
To my opinion the first logical thing to do would be, to inform your customers on the developments a/o ideas on the subject the company is going to follow when the question rises with this quantity of VDJ users/clients.
And sure not in the first minute but after a few month’s and when so many requests came through?

Djjanp

Inviato Tue 23 May 06 @ 2:09 pm
message to bcondemi
The buttons settings are little different from originals.
Thi is my personal mapping of it, you can also set is as much as you like.
Go here to se the complete mapping of BCD: http://www.macfruits.com/bcd2000/images/BCD2000.bmp

For all: tomorrow i will go to sardegna in "baia di conte" Valtur Village to work 4 months so i cannot be so presents in this forum. BYE

Inviato Tue 23 May 06 @ 8:21 pm
OKay I'm Midi Stupid so I would LIke some Help/ Instruction on how to create a XML file.

Either I'm gonna have to figure out this BCD 2000 or I'm going to have to find another software to use with it.

Inviato Wed 24 May 06 @ 8:14 pm
here the step to follow

BDC2000 Dj Solution for VDJ v1.0beta
Short guide (i will post full guide later) (only english now - italian later)

Presettings: Go to BCD2000 Control Panel on PC and set Advanced Mode.

If you are not using last driver from Behringer donwload it here http://www.behringerdownload.de/B-Control_download/BCD2000-driver-setup-1-1-1-0.exe

Software needed:

BCD2000 Dj Solution for VDJ v1.0beta - Download it here http://www.macfruits.com/bcd2000/BCD2000n.zip

It contains a .bmtp file for Midi Translator
A .xml file for VirtualDJ
A BMP with assigned control of remapped bcd2000 [1]
MidiYoke (freewere) - Go to web pages http://www.midiox.com/myoke.htm

Midi Translator (shareware) - Go to web pages http://www.bome.com/midi/translator/

Now UPDATED: configuration file in 1.40 format only.
I advice to use new version of midi translator, many improvements are made.
Install MidiYoke and restart PC.

Install Midi Translator, set BCD2000 as midi in and set MidiYoke 1 as midi out.

Enalble Midi Thru in Midi Translator.

Import configuration file (.bmtp - only for v1.40) and save.

Open VirtualDJ go to setting and enable midi in External Hardware sheet.

Go to Shortcuts sheet (in settings windows) and click to load and select configuration file .xml

Click ok! Enjoy.

If there's some problems try to restar your pc. Antonello Migliorelli.

Audio device settings
Go (in VirtualDJ) to settings

Move to Audio Device sheet and select Advanced Config, click to right button.

Set like this:

Left Deck
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 1
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 2
Righ Deck
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 1
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 2
Headphone
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 3
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 4
Samples
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 1
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 2
Prelisten
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 3
BCD2000 ASIO - Channel 4
This is important to use headphone on BCD2000.

Know Problem or Features
Scratch system is not perfect.

The controller turnable of effect is not assigned.

The assigned control is sometimes differents from originals (but i prefer this one)

The Headphone Crossfader is set as a Mix (but i prefer this one)

Search func as Skip (someone can help me)

Button + and - has another function.

Full mapping guide stay here: http://www.macfruits.com/bcd2000/images/BCD2000.bmp

Dj Quintana

Inviato Wed 24 May 06 @ 10:08 pm
What does these two programs running do to the performance of Virtual Dj. I have enough problems as it is. To add programs in the background there is going to be problems.

Inviato Thu 25 May 06 @ 12:39 am
It does slow it down a little, especially if your a bit quick on the crossfader.

Inviato Fri 26 May 06 @ 2:20 pm
Well it looks like Virtual Dj has to come through for us. It seems it really can't be done any other way. We will see if it happens.

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 12:22 am
I am so impressed with the Behringer and VDJ working together that I purchased my legal copy of VDJ today. I've had a legal copy of Atomixmp3 for few years now but have been waiting until a usable 'fix' with the Behringer was available and now it does.
Thanks for the work with the Midi Translator and the mapping.

I think its just a matter of time until VDJ suports the Behringer as well.

Just as a side note; I had some correspondence with Florian Bomes (Midi Translator) and says he's working on a new version that will work with programs that accept direct key input (like Atomixmp3) so that other midi harware will work with programs like Atomixmp3.

BC

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 2:56 am
You must be another software salesman trying to sell your midi translator here. Well I am not going to run two programs in the background just to get it to work. I also am finished paying for unproven software.

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 5:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
keep up tha good works guys

i've allready ordered BCD2000 from the day i had realised that it will work with VDJ properly. We all have to push VDJ Team to include native support in next update. I think that there is more people from us, of the community who have allready or are going to buy BCD2000. Let's all shout ... BCD2000 is here. What are you going to?.
Nobody from the Internal Team has ever said anything. Only that soon will announce what are their plans. So how difficult is to just say YES to a plan?. I hope that Ver 4 will be much greater than my expectations, so that i will put my BCD request a little beside.

So the Question is loud and clear ....

IS ATOMIX TEAM PLANNING SOON TO SUPPORT BCD2000 OR DOES IT HAVE BIG STOCK OF HDJC MKII ?

Inviato Sun 28 May 06 @ 11:40 pm
I currently own a Hercules ANd a BCD 2000 and head to head this is how i see them stacking up together

Hercules / Bcd 2000 Mixer fuctions.

Both okay both work as they claim - 3 band eq is adequate for remixing and channel volumes are of reasonable length for good sound control crosfader on both work just fine. The Bcd has a channel gain in each deck eq - very handy fuction

Secondary functions - Cueing
Hercules - possible to do quick hot cues from VDJ with the .DLL remapper available in sound fx plugins
BCD - Hot Cueing more difficlut - still have to use mouse

- Looping -
Hercules - looping is clumsy with console buttons - easier with mouse
BCD - same deal
(side note - best controller for hot cueing and looping is the DAC 2. I have one too)

-FX-
Hercules - on/off - kinda hard to screw this one up
BCD - same deal but has value knobs - better than changing screens on desktop

-PFL-
Hercules - poor sound quality in headphones
no ability to monitor/ main mix in PFL
Headphone preamp is very very quiet.

BCD - Easy to access headphone volume
has PFL mix fuction - good for mixing in general - better than monitors
good volume level for noisy club

-Sound output-
Hercules - poor sound volume output. I had to use the signal inverter from the sound fx board and turn on phono pre- amps to get enough volume out of my hercules. Otherwise I had to crank the channel gain.(Rane mp44 club mixer) Decent sound quality though

BCD - lots of volume - no need for extra plugins or gain
Decent Quality again - nothing out of the ordinary

-microphone-
Hercules - I never used the mic fuction - except to verify it worked and then decided i didn't like the controll and mic volumes
I always used the Rane Mp44 mixer at the club for talk back

BCD - Same deal, it works with BDJ software; sort of works with VDJ
Gonna stick with the club mixer for now

-Buttons-
Hercules - I only have the v1 of the dj console and we all know what a piece of shit the buttons were on that

BCD - When Behringer reverse engineered (conspiracey theroy only) the hercules they at least put decent buttons on their model. THEY DID IT THE FIST TIME.

-Jog Wheels-
Hercules - worked just fine for me when in "nudge" mode. good for beat matching , loop points etc. Had to keep a close eye on the screen and listen as well - for the dreaded song "fuck off". the song playing in deck 2 would speed up or slow down similar to scratching for no apparent reason. would stop if I spun the jog wheel. (never did like that)
**I don't scratch so no comment about the units ability to scratch with; however it is good to beat mix and mash remix**

BCD - Jog wheels don't work that well in VDJ yet. So I found it more of a challenge to use the unit the way I am acustomed to. To which, live Mashs, and remixes can be troublesome. Again I don't scratch so no comment about the unit's ability there

GET TO THE POINT!!!!!

Final comment about the two units.

They're both pretty much the same low end crap.

Neither are rack mountable.
Both I still have to use a mouse with.

The Hercules is plastic and I'm scared to take it on the raod with me (club set up is okay)

Which one would I use?

I would use the BCD 2000 It's a better MIXER which is what I really need; an Affordable Midi mixer to use for video crossfading and sound quality is a bit better then with a soundcard and externtal mixer.

For player controlls I recommend the DAC 2/3. With the mapper available in sound fx plugins it's hard to beat.

If VDJ offers NATIVE SUPPORT for the BCD I might lighten my load a little and be able to lose the dac and just take one remote with me to the club.

But for now I'm leaving Both the Hercules and BCD at home and just using the tryed and true method - DAC-2 and numark DM 1050 mixer hooked up to the club's MP44.

Adding Native support for the BCD 2000 would help.
or
Telling users one way or another if VDJ is going to offer support for this item would at least shut us up about it.

DJ Marcel
Resident DJ
Purple Onion Nightclub

Inviato Mon 29 May 06 @ 2:57 am
Maybe they aren't sure they can do it so they can't give us a answer. They do have allot of support for other controllers. Maybe it's to late to add full midi support unless they rewrite the complete program. This is just a idea. But it would make sense to add complete midi support and go from there. I don't know why they didn't do it in the first place. Poor planning is a possibility and not knowing that it would last this long or get this big.

Inviato Mon 29 May 06 @ 5:15 pm
Hi, first of all thenks a lot to those helped with BCD and midis.

I followed the instructions carefully. I have a big problems

When i start Bome's Midi Translator i select mini in BCD2000 but when i try to select midi out the Midi Yoke it's not in the list. I see AudigyMidi i see MidiMapper i see BCD and MPU-401, but not Yoke, so i can not proceed. If i proceed with MpU-401 f.e. it deosn't work in VDJ.

Please help me.
Thanks

Inviato Wed 31 May 06 @ 6:11 pm
did you instal the program before, if not then instal the program firts then restart you pc and run midi translator, and select bcd2000 as midi in and yoke as mido out...

Dj Quintana

Inviato Wed 31 May 06 @ 6:57 pm
maybe i had allready installed MidiYoke, before i install Bome's. Maybe i installed twice. What can i do?. How do i uninstall MidiYoke?

Inviato Wed 31 May 06 @ 7:07 pm
go to control panel in windows and unistall directly from control panel...
and then reinstal again

Inviato Wed 31 May 06 @ 7:21 pm
i managed to install them properly. It works thanks .
I had to install the selfinstallation, not the one with hardware wizard. Anyway, it's working.
But i have serious audio problems. I use ASIO drivers for BCD2000. When one deck plys and i load a song to the other, the music stops for some milliseconds but you can crearly understand it. This happens also with xylio Software and with Traktor as well as VDJ. VDJ also stops to play music after some minutes. I don't have much powerfull system (PC Celeron 2,4 Ghz 512 MB and Laptop Centrino M1,8Ghz 512 MB) but when i plau with Audigy, these problems don't excist. Something happens with the ASIO Drivers. I think.

bad english..sorry

Inviato Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 4:06 pm
fremdjPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Take a look in my blog, there is an step by step explanation how to set up the BCD - 2000 / VDJ 3.4

Inviato Fri 02 Jun 06 @ 5:42 am
71%