Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Connecting DJ Console tot mixer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

JM007Home userMember since 2006
What's the best way to connect your DJ Console to a mixer ,would you just go from the lineouts to a channel in the mixer?

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 11:04 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Exactly!
In preferences in VDJ (advanced setup) you can set a different outputs to your DJConsole and just connect them to your mixer using RCA cables. Of course this is available in full version of VDJ.

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 1:42 pm
So you're saying that it wont just work by connecting the cables ? I will have to change something in virtual DJ ? What do I have to change exactly , plz be more precise

Thanks in advanced

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 2:39 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have many different preset setups for soundcards in VDJ. You can see them in demo, but you can't use all of them. Also you have Advanced config which allows you to set outputs like you wish.
In case of DjConsole (like i have), you have to set (in advanced config of course) Left deck: DJC out 1&2 and for Right deck DJC out 5&6 (stereo). Then you connect this outs from DJC to your mixer line in. That's all!
You can play with this setups of outs in advanced config to see what is best for you.

BUT! Like i said before, you FIRST NEED FULL VERSION OF VDJ to do this.

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 2:51 pm
Hi

I also have the Hercules DJ Console , which comes with Virtual DJ ,so this should work , thanks for your advice!

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 3:37 pm
Keep in mind that in only works good in Pro version. The DJC version sucks as it only maps the certain way and I was completely unsucessful mapping it there.

The way I do it is I use WDM (not ASIO) in Hercules drivers, lock the fader in center (have to do it every time you connect the console or reboot), then in VDJ I use 2 cards to external mixer icon and choose Hercules MK2, and check the box in 7.1 sound.

I don't use timecoded vinyls or CDs, so ASIO is no big deal for me, also I had problems with ASIO eating too much CPU power and after 5 mins if I have both decks going it starts distorting really bad. You have to stop at least one deck to clean that up.

That's it.

Inviato Thu 13 Apr 06 @ 4:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)