Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Time Coded Vinyls Question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

tamereHome userMember since 2006
Hi

1) Is it possible to use Timecoded Vinyls with 2 seperate standard (as in 20$) soundcards on a desktop PC?

2) Is it true that the Timecoded Vinyls will not work if the software lags or crashes?

Thanks!

Inviato Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 5:44 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1) of course

2) obvious yes. If software crashes, your operating system won't play music instead of dedicated program (and in most cases, Windows based operating system will crash along with the software).

Inviato Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 6:41 pm
what's the configuration using 2 independent soundcards? 2 soundblaster live for instance.

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 5:44 pm
In VDJ you can select a 2 sound card option in the setup, but this is only available in the full version. Keep in mind that tccd or tcv will need asio to work properly. So a soundcard with 4 mono inputs (=2 stereo) and 4 mono outputs, will be the easiest to setup. Example is the Maya usb or the u46dj.
A soundblaster will probably work also, with the asio4all drivers.
Ewout

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 8:24 pm
in demo version (3.4) is also available the "low latency vinyl mode" ,it only works for 5 min. but I can't configure my 2 soundcards even using asio4all drivers, and is only possible to use 1 tcv and one soundcard (left channel),so I'd like to know if there's a different way in the configuration or what should I set in parameters in order that both channels work, since I want to mix for checking how good can be tcvs , but with only one deck is not possible. thanks in advance.

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 9:50 pm
I'm sorry, but what you want to do is only available in the full version. The Demo is limited to 1 tcv input. But if it is working with 1 input, it will only be better if you could use 2 ;-)
Ewout

Inviato Mon 17 Apr 06 @ 10:24 pm
tamereHome userMember since 2006
OK Thanks people. I have one more question: Should I buy the Time Coded Vinyls now or are they gonna release better ones soon (like someone on the forum said)?

Inviato Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:01 am
The timecode vinyls are improved, those improved ones are dispatched at this moment. So you could order them right away.
Ewout

Inviato Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 6:16 pm
are they physically improved? (lenght,sound) or what do you mean by improvement?

Inviato Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 9:39 pm
better pressing, and thicker vinyl... and less whistle noize .. thats all ;)

They have the same timecode. And both can be used the same way for VDJ:)

Inviato Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 9:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)