Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Very loud humm sound when using laptop

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hope someone can help with this one..

When I have my Laptop + DJ Console plugged into my amp/mixer it creates a very loud humm sound. If im playing Dance or R&B usually the song will drone it out but its quite noticeable on slow melody songs. If I unplug the laptop from the power and just run on batteries the humm dissapears, but as soon as I plug the power its back again. I have tried another laptop and same problem. Anyone have any ideas about how to remove or lower the humm noise?

Cheers
Grug

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:13 am
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do you have a earth on your laptop AC/DC converter ?

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:40 am
Yes

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 9:53 am
So try to unplug the earth (directly if you can, or simply use a powercord without earth). I think this will kill your humm noise.

Usually this hum is due to a earth loop between the mixer and the PC.

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 10:06 am
Switched to a cord without earth. Cheers :-)

Grug

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:19 pm
Glad I could help you ;-)

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 1:44 pm
Go to the hardware store and get one of those little plugs that converts the 3 prong to a 2 prong AC plug. Works for me.

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 7:00 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Very common problem. My budgo way is to remove the ground pin from a double adaptor and plug the ac power from the laptop into that.

Inviato Wed 26 Apr 06 @ 10:13 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:55 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
dj-alf has a very good point i had this problem before and got the isolator... much safer

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 3:18 pm
Funny, my laptop doesn't have a earth at all.
As they don't work in 110/220 (depending on your country) earth seems to be less important for laptops.
But in the studio world its pretty common to see devices with their earth cord cut out (static microphones, preamps...)

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 3:28 pm
In fact when you cut this ground wire, you make the mixer 'provide' ground to the other devices.
Instead of multiple ground points, there only one. So no loop.

But I agree, it's less safer for the high tension part...

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 3:34 pm
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just ordered two of those isolators here: Boss B-25N Ground Loop Isolator @ 4.95 a piece. I hope it comes with directions, because it seems to be laid out strangely. It looks like one male and one female rca plug on each side of the box. Can anyone explain how and where it is connected? I am using a maya44 and a denon x900 mixer.

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 1:18 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You will connect it from your "Master Out" from mixer to the Amplifier. You can connect it before your mixer because you will have two of them for each channel.

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)