Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Help with 2 sessions of Virtual DJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there a way to run 2 sessions and record from both sessions? I want to mix beats under an acapella. I want to be able to let the acapella run on the second session and mix my beats on both decks on the first session, and be able to record it all. Is this possible with Virtual DJ or will I need a different recording program?

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 5:53 pm
You mean first record the first session (mixing beats), then use that recorded session file at a deck (or sample slot) for second session, and acapella on other deck... and record the second session ? ;)

Or where you looking for something different?

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:10 pm
No, I mean like I record all at one time. I start beat 1, bring in the acapella, and mid song mix into beat 2. All the time recording both sessions with beat 1 on deck 1, session 1, beat 2 on deck 2 on session 1, and the acapella on either deck of session 2.

Or, if not, I guess I could make one of the beats a sample and change from there. How long can a sample be?

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 6:23 pm
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "session". I meant like running 2 instances of VDJ.

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 7:04 pm
You should be able to do this using Network Synchronisation. Under the recording options, make sure the Line In box is selected but choose your actual soundcard from the list rather than primary sound device. Then change the new box which appears to record from Stereo Mix. This solution will record all sounds heard on your PC though. Perhaps there is an easier way I don't know.

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 7:17 pm
When you say it will record all sounds heard on the PC does that mean it will record that from the headphone mix as well?

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 7:39 pm
All output from the selected soundcard would have been a better way to put it. Whether this includes headphone mix depends on your setup but it's probably best to test it. If you have MSN open and people sign in, then you will hear those sounds or if you use Internet Explorer to browse through webpages etc.

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 7:42 pm
Ok now I gotcha. I can't test it now because I'm at work. :) I think that setup should be fine though. I have everything routed out one soundcard to my mixer and then mixer back into another soundcard for recording. Also all other sounds have been disabled so it should be ok.

Thank you very much for your help.

Inviato Thu 27 Apr 06 @ 7:53 pm
Do you lose MIDI control with Network Synchronization? I can't get my crossfader to work with both sessions, only one.

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 06 @ 3:20 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)