Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Couple of Problems....Used VDJ and TCCD Last night at a gig for the first time.

P4 1gig Ram External Harddrive Maya 44 CDJ1000 Behringer Mixer

Problem 1: When i hooked up everything after running ok at the house. Computeer didn't see the Maya 44 Had to reinstall the drivers.

Problem 2: Volume Started out being ok, but as the night progressd 2 hours or so volume started decreasing on it's own. After 2 hours i was probably getting 50% volume out of computer. checked maya volume controls and computer volume controls and they were at 100%.

Problem 3: At about the 3 hour mark, The computer gave me an error message and gave me the choice of shutting down VDJ or clicking a button that said VDJ will fix the problem itself. I couldn't shut it down as i had a large crowd dancing in front of me. So i elected for VDJ to fix it. The song that was playing then started playing backwards. I quickly switched songs and and that one played ok but the deck i was playing out of wouldnt play anymore songs. The tone arm on screen would lift and move but then it would hover over the simulated record but wouldnt play. I then just started pulling wires out and
switched to my backup ...all cd's and no VDJ...and the volume problem Instantly went away...

Help....

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 2:54 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
1) Probably you reinstall the driver because at the club you connect the MAYA to another different usb port of your computer.
2) So strange, probably depends of the MAYA audio card, my internal MK2 audio card have no problem after a lot of our of work.
3) Some mp3 with variable bit-rate crash VDJ, try to remember what is the song name and re-try to load on the deck of VDJ.

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:05 pm
1) Ok That Makes Sense...
2) Still Need Help...Major Problem
3) I will recheck that individual song, but i did all the songs myself @ 192 44.1 No downloaded songs..
all rip/convert from cd.

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:12 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
2)
Maybe somebody lowered sound level at mixer or amplifier and you didn't know that, or maybe you did it by mistake. When you connected cd-player directly to mixer (as your backup) you had higher level because signal from maya44 has lower level as cd-players.

in short: sound level was decrised manualy and when you plug cd-player, level was higher because of higher output at cd-player.

just my opinion. i never had problems with maya44 usb.

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:19 pm
or did the club have some hardware limiter that messed up?

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:23 pm
All amps and mixer were in dj booth with me (and out of accidental bumping reach)...I checked them and they were working fine and set at full volume....On mixer i had volumes (master/slider and trim at full volume) and was still only at 50% output....(with cd's I only need 50% of volume available) In short it killed my crowd until i switched to cd...If thats all the voulme i get out of VDJ and Maya then it was a waste of $$$$ and time. Once again volume was fine at the beginning of the night....

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:28 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Some skins has master volume slider. did you check it (if you have that skin)?
for example, i get lower volume if i enable some effects in VDJ (although i can't hear efx on song). EQs of VDJ effect to volume too (as you use external mixer, you didn't need them but maybe clicked on them).
Another possibility: autogain function in VDJ preferences or only gain button in VDJ. Maybe you turned on EQ effect by mistake?

many possibilities....

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 3:38 pm
What is the setting of the gain in VDJ config menu. I normally set it to always match, but sometimes it just jumps from -3 to -8 or to +1. I have to correct it manually then.
Ewout

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 8:30 pm
Dont use new gear for a gig

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 10:44 pm
Big Mark good advise....But you got to break it out sometime and i had been playing with it at the house..

I wish i would have seen and used the trim adjust on the face of the deck, a friend pointed that out to me today. I also had the setting in config to always match...On next trial i will set the gain higher on the
face of the program and go from their...

Anybody have any ideas on (#3) why i got the error message and why it started playing back in reverse?

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 11:01 pm
With the current version, I always keep my gain at -3dB. If I set it any higher (-2,-1 or 0) the sound quality will become a little distorted. Hope this is solved in V4
Ewout

Inviato Fri 05 May 06 @ 11:30 pm
HI

I don't seem to have any distortion with it set to always 0 dB and limiter off. I handle the output volumes through my mixer and as I say it sounds really good.

Asymptote

Inviato Sat 06 May 06 @ 2:50 pm
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have noticed a slight sound difference between computers. I use a laptop sometimes or my rack mount (depends if I will be doing video). If I use the rack mount, I can have the gain at 0db. If I connect and use the laptop, I have to turn the gain down just a little. Maybe it's a function of the sound card. I use a pcmcia slot card on laptop and a M Audio Delta 410 in rack mount. Strange thing is this never occured using previous software.

On Problem (2) don't know much about this Maya 44 thing but here are a few questions: did you disconnect the pc, and use the same channel for the cd player? Or was the cd player connected to another channel? Are you using line (rca type connectors)inputs for both? My mixer will allow everything to connect to it except for channel 4 which only allows rca type for some reason hummm. Just trying to find a cause here or a reason. I remember having a gig, (and the bad part was this was my second one that day) and could not get much volume from one of my cd decks. I could not figure it out. I was ready for sound check. And I had just a little volume on channel 2. Gains on mixer were good fader was up and master fader was up. Gains on amps were max and I all I could think was I had damged a cable or something. After 30 minutes late starting and the back off the rack and all the nice pretty cable routing was destroyed, turns out, the crossfader was slid over. Man did I feel sheepish!

After changing to cds how long did you play with them? Don't know much about your set up, but heat does strange things to electrical components. When you shut down and switched to cds, maybe it cooled or you left a door off, trying to get back on the air quickly, thus allowing better ventilation. Think about anything that was different.

As far as problem (3) I have never had that to happen

Good luck and keep posting!

Inviato Sat 06 May 06 @ 3:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)