Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: connect mixer with vdj - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

hi everyone, i want to buy a mixer and connect it to virtualDJ (will buy virtualDJ PRO soon!!)
how do i connect a mixer to pc? i think that the maya 44 usb is a little expensive for me so i want to know what other ways there are to connect your mixer to virtualDJ?!

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 11:04 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
you can buy mixer with sound card inside (a few models of Numark), or you can buy standard mixer and use cheap 4.1 internal sound card to wuse with it.

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 11:24 am
i have a 5.1 sound card, so this will work :p
i'm looking to buy a Behringer VMX-200 and connect it like you say with a 5.1 sound card

but how do i connect the mixer with my soundcard and in wich inputs/outputs must i put everything?

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 11:33 am
with behringer 200 you need only 2 outputs of your 5.1 sound card. You will have to use Advanced config at sound card setup (VDJ PRO only).
There you have to select 2 outputs, each for each deck. So for example: line out 1 for deck 1 (left and right) and connect it to line in 1 at mixer.

You can use any of 5 outputs.

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 11:50 am
and than if i move for example: the crossfader, the crossfader will move in virtualDJ?

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 12:22 pm
on that mixer no. because it is not midi mixer.

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 12:48 pm
on wich mixer it will work?

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 12:56 pm
b.t.w not to expensive please

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 12:57 pm
at every which is midi compatible. but most of them are expensive.. check net and you will find one for sure.

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 1:01 pm
thank you for all the information!!

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 8:25 pm
is you're mixer midi compatible?

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 8:27 pm
no. it is normal mixer :) but very good, believe me ;)

Inviato Sat 27 May 06 @ 9:15 pm
but how do you connect you're mixer with virtualDJ?
something like from output soundcard to mixer and from mixer to ampiflier and ampiflier to boxes?
so if you move the crossfader you will only hear that the crossfader moves but you will not see it in virtualDJ?

is it something like that because of all the information I've got from you i think It's something like that.

Inviato Sun 28 May 06 @ 9:35 am
exactly like that. My crossfader in VDJ stays in the middle. The same is with EQ knobs. I am using external mixer for all.

I use DjConsole as sound card. ch1 to line in 1 at mixer and ch2 to line in 2 on mixer.

Inviato Sun 28 May 06 @ 11:33 am
now i understand everything! thank you very much!!!
i didn't understand anything about this hole story of the external mixer but with you're information i'm understanding it!!!
thank you!!!

b.t.w: i like you're equipement!

Inviato Sun 28 May 06 @ 7:01 pm
You are welcome :)

And thanks for your comment on my equipment :)

Inviato Sun 28 May 06 @ 8:36 pm
dj waehHome userMember since 2006
I wonder if the external soundcard, maya 44, is the only choice if you want to connect a laptop with virtual dj and a external mixer? Can you use cheaper 5.1/4.1 external, usb soundcards?

Inviato Mon 29 May 06 @ 10:17 am
yes you can ;)

Maya is a asio soundcard with multiple inputs for use with timecode vinyls

If you dont have a need for using timecode vinyls, any cheaper usb/internal 4.1/5.1 soundcard will work for connecting VDJ to external mixer

Inviato Mon 29 May 06 @ 11:26 am
- so on my internal soundcard (5.1) ip put a cable in the green one and in the black one
- i put the cables (2x Y-splitter) on the inputs of my mixer
- and i use advanced config and select: green one -> input 1 on mixer
black one -> input 2 on my mixer
and from my mixer i go to my ampiflier and from my ampiflier
this will work?

and an other question: can i do it without an ampiflier (with 2.1 computer boxes 100 watt?)

Inviato Mon 29 May 06 @ 5:01 pm
yes, just like that.
Cable you need have stereo minijack connector on one end and 2 x RCA connectors (black/white and red) on other end of cable. See my blog for pictures of them: http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/xeon/blog2698.html

You can use any speakers connected to your mixer.

Inviato Mon 29 May 06 @ 6:24 pm
91%