Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Floating On Screen Keyboard

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have a dream of running VDJ without a mouse or keyboard. Of course they will be hooked up to my Shuttle PC on a rack drawer, for back-up. However, I'd like to use a touch screen monitor with a floating keyboard so that I can search the local database. I've successfully used the Milosoft Virtual Keyboard with our PCDJ installation but not with VDJ. For some reason VDJ resists the keystrokes from MVK. Does anyone know of a floating (Always On Top) keyboard application that I could run with VDJ? Otherwise, is there a registry edit or settings change that would let VDJ recognize the input for MVK? In the mean time, I'm going to keep trying different ones. If I get it to work, I'll post it.

Thanks,

Mat

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 10:48 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Inviato Mon 05 Jun 06 @ 11:37 pm
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Mat

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 4:42 pm
no problem ..glad to have helped

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 4:53 pm
You can also use the built in app that Windows provides. In your Start menu under Accessories then Accessibilties there is a program called "On Screen Keyboard".

Inviato Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 4:57 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Anyone try using the 'Virtual Keyboard" ?
Should be a perfect match for "Virtual DJ"

Inviato Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 5:15 pm
i heard that ones a headache it came out over a year ago

Inviato Thu 08 Jun 06 @ 5:32 pm
Update:

I did it. My system now uses a 17" 3M Micro Touch touch screen. I cranked the resolution up to make room for the Click N Type on screen keyboard. I also used the designer to make a custom keyboard layout to maximize the key size. Lastly, I modified the keyboard shortcuts to eliminate the need for dragging. As for the right click, the 3M product ships with that utility included.

I primarily play weddings and karaoke shows. This setup works well for that.

Thanks, for all the help...

Mat

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 2:44 am
very good ...glad we all could help

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 8:20 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)