Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV and digitised sound - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

yes;)

Its very simple to use Maya, or U46dj that is the current recommended card (as Maya is no longer made) with MK2 connected as a controller ...

That works like a charm...

Asio4all is EMULATED asio, and it gave you better sound asio than the Hercules native Asio...
Unfortunately, says something about latency in the Hercules drivers/hardware...

For heavy scratch where super low latency is needed, Maya or U46dj would be far better...

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:11 pm
To be fair, I really didn't know about TCVs when I purchased the mk2, but it really was still worth the money on it as it got my interest back into DJ'ing again. But yeah, if it wasn't for the accurate button release (instant start, effects, etc.) I'd be reslling it on ebay. I'm sold, I'll definatly look about getting the U46dj, sounds like a killer setup like that. Thanks for all your help dj_in_norway, and everybody else too, I'm looking very much forward to finishing my setup;^]

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 3:42 am
I still have my mk2 too ;)
I like it a lot... as a controller, and generally as a direct sound soundcard...

Will not sell mine, its good for the buttons as you say...

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 4:01 am
The Mk2 will work at 441 samples (10ms) fine without pops and clicks if your PC is up to the task (best to install a dedicated windows/virtualdj partition if you are having problems with no antivirus etc) although when you make small movements across the vinyl of a couple of millimeters (slowly) the digital distortion is horrible.

This is probably because of the 10ms latency as when making such movements with the Mk2 jogwheels or your computer mouse there is no such problem. I think the problem could be made better for us by Atomix, although I doubt we'll see any implementations for us as too many people use the Maya and U46DJ where there are no such problems.

I also didn't know this would be a problem when I bought TCV and VDJ, I thought the soundcard features of Mk2 (4in and 4out) was all that was needed and didn't know much about ASIO at the time). I will probably buy a U46DJ in the future but will keep the Mk2 as an insurance. It is also handy as a backup in a live situation if a needle breaks on one of your turntables.

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 9:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I have to said that I never could get that "horrible sounds" with my configuration. I'm sure that sounds are because of latency and drivers of the soundcards. I use first and Audigy 2 ZS Platinum using it at 96KHz in ASIO mode. I can't use Samples and some effects in that configuration (also I can't see any BPM change visualitation), but I have the best response in scratch. I NEVER can heard any digital sound.

I change that soundcard for one X-Fi Platinum (Creative Soundcards are easier to found around the world, so I do a testing for VDJ). With this one VDJ 3.4 sounds very good too, and now using 44.1KHz I can use all VDJ features and don't loose anything. But U46DJ is now the official substitute of Maya 44 USB, and have better sounding than Maya.

Good Luck!

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 9:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)