Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I think the timecode is wonky!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

I have been testing Demos of VirtualDJ and DJDecks and I think there is a problem with the VirtualDJ timecode. I have burned a few copies of it at as low as 4x. Everytime it goes past 1:00-1:10 there is a definite pitch bend. It shows up in DJDecks as going to about -0.7%. I found another post on the DJDecks forum about this posted in 2004!

http://forum.djdecks.be/viewtopic.php?t=448&highlight=virtualdj+timecode

I played the same track in DJDecks and and MP3 copy on CD with my Denon DN-S5000. Started them both at the same time and beat matched them perfectly. All the tracks I tried drifted aout of sync at this point.

Can anything be done ?

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 6:50 pm
Buy the full version. Do you honestly think some of us bought this software so we can deal with such problems? All i'm saying is VirtualDJ set up the right way=True Hapiness. I don't have any regrets at all. Their are limitations to the Demo Version as you can clearly see. You could actually get an orgasm if you set it up properly.

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:39 pm
There is nothing wrong with the software, it is the timcode file for burning to CD that is wonky. If I buy the full version am I going to get a different timecode file that isn't wonky ?

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:43 pm
I believe so, i'm always recording mixes for my friends and they come out just fine. And i'm a TCV user strictly, I have nothing else.

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:50 pm
So are you saying that with the demo they give you a wonky timecode file to test it with on purpose ? ...and then once you realise that there are pitch drifts they want you to buy it ?

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 9:55 pm
I wouldn't say that's what he's getting at Manta, as you say your a TCV user, and this guy is using the Timecode.mp3 available on this site.

What I would try however is burning the file with a friends computer, see if your writer may be casing some minor data errors @ that section.

steve_djdawson

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 10:05 pm
I will try it using a different brand of CDRs and a different burner. As other people seem to have noticed this problem also, and I burned a few CDs that were all the same I don't think this will help.

Can someone here with a full registerd version test this for me ? Get a track from CD and a ripped copy of the same track in VirtualDJ using the timecode CD. Start them both at the same time and bend till beat matched. See if the timecode drifts backwards at any particular point.

Inviato Fri 16 Jun 06 @ 10:43 pm
Wonky. =P

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 8:18 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Actually you can make an experiment with timecode much simpler & more accurate:

1) Having a soundcard with at least 5.1, open 2 instances of VDj, and set one to play a song on front L / R outputs while it detects timecode on back L / R outputs, than put a timecode.mp3 on the other instance which plays on back L / R outputs. Start the timecode and record the front L / R output only.

2) Open original track and a recording in a multi-track software, and compare them.

It's simpler because you don't need additional hardware (using only your soundcard), and it's more accurate because you don't need to worry about turtnable skipping/speed changing, problems with timecode signal detection, cables, etc.

P.S.: L/R are left and right stereo outputs (just in case someone confuses it with left and right deck)

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 11:51 am
I have done some more testing and I think the timecode is OK after all. It seems solid in VirtualDJ. I think it possibly has do do with the implementation in DJDecks. Sorry guys.

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 12:59 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's OK, it's always good to point any issue or problem to find the root of it.

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 5:01 pm
the timecode cd is not WONKY in VDJ... ;) I love that word.. hehe... Wonky wonky!

If DJ Decks have issues with the borrowed timecode from VDJ, go ask Adion to fix it;)
He's a smart programmer, and does things pretty fast too..

And you're always welcome to get VDJ if you like too ;)

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 5:05 pm
I AM USING U46DJ W/ DENON 5000. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING THAT WHEN I LOAD A SONG I CAN HEAR THE TIMECODE CD PLAYING AND THE SONG PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND. ANY ADVICE HOW TO FIX THIS? THANKS

Inviato Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 2:39 am
I AM USING U46DJ W/ DENON 5000. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING THAT WHEN I LOAD A SONG I CAN HEAR THE TIMECODE CD PLAYING AND THE SONG PLAYS IN THE BACKGROUND. ANY ADVICE HOW TO FIX THIS? THANKS

Inviato Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 2:41 am
DJ EDISON wrote :

Mute the input channels in the u46dj panel;^]

Inviato Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 3:56 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)