Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pro-Mix Controller

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm new to VDJ and was turned onto this software from members of DJCHAT. I have been using American Dj's PRO-Mix for over 3 years and really love the program and it's controller, but it's fairly basic and i wanted to do more with the music. VDJ seems (from the demo) to be the one i'm gonna buy. Can the Pro-Mix Controller be mapped out for use with VDJ?? It connects via the serial port.

Inviato Sat 17 Jun 06 @ 12:12 am
Anyone??

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 10:36 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
This controller is not directly supported by VDJ. But you can map every (yes, EVERY) midi controller in VDj.

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 10:48 pm
xeon wrote :
This controller is not directly supported by VDJ. But you can map every (yes, EVERY) midi controller in VDj.

has anyone ever sucessfully mapped out this conroller?

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 1:10 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Max,

I talked to adj at namm last year, they didn't seem intrested in making the controller work with vdj, its really too bad.

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 6:02 am
markj65PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dj Cyder... I have contacted the main architect of that application, he was asking some questions pertaining to the possibility of pluggins for the Pro-mix. I would love to see this since I already had dropped the $300 for this thing a few years ago, I used it up until about 3 months ago when I found the Virtual DJ was so much better,. I did not have a controller that worked with it so I bought the DAC-3, another $300, I would love to have the Pro-mix used in a back up system if possible..

This is what the Man asked about the VDJ product.

FYI, the Pro-Mix controller does not use MIDI as the communication protocol, but just binary commands through the serial port. I would have to check with the controller’s manufacturer if the information about these commands can be disclosed.
In the meantime, can you tell me how do you plan to integrate the controller with the other software products you mention? Do they support any kind of interfacing plug-ins?

I wrote him back and explained that I would really lke to use the controller in the same way it was used in the Pro-Mix software, since it has all the same functions it should be easy to write the DLL's for it.

Only thing I wonder is if the VirtualDJ software will allow support for this controller.

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:43 am
If anyone get one of these to work with VDJ ...PLEASE LET ME KNOW ... It is an awesome controller, with all the right buttons. I wouldn't mind seeing a skin based on the software either. As a matter of fact i could send someone the current skin and xml for it.

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 2:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)