Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows vista problems of drivers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Just a heads up, when i tried hooking both my xp10' s up to my laptop to run vdj using windows vista beta 2, virtual dj begins skipping inexplicably. It doesent matter what I'm doing( there can be just one song playing), it just starts skipping ahead. The problem does not exist if I run vdj without the xp10's plugged in.

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 3:42 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
windows vista is still in it's devolpment phase, the drivers for peripherals still aren't perfect, but u can check on maybe an irq conflict

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 5:22 pm
From what read many audio and video apps will break under Vista as there are some radically changed driver issues and some stuff moved to a different layer in the OS. I would expect the VDJ to be aware and at least preparing to adjust for Vista.

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 6:44 pm
Which release date should they prepare for, One day or Eventually? I am sure they are aware of Vista, and working on a solution to the problems, that are not there yet.

Inviato Mon 19 Jun 06 @ 8:30 pm
I know that, i was just providing it as information.

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 5:31 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm not excited at all, from what i've read so far about vista.
Main reason: resources hungry (mem/cpu), can you confirm ?

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 7:52 pm
I'am an MS beta tester. Vista with no apps running it's taking 700mb of PF as said in the task manager,
and this is without the aero enabled (in other words set for performance) yes it is very memory hungry- but the cpu load is very low on all my test systems. However it seems to run as fast as Xp when that was on my system, I do hope they work out the huge PF usage

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 9:01 pm
Damn. Glad I upgraded my machine to a gig and half. Looks like I'll need it if I plan on running Vista.

Inviato Tue 20 Jun 06 @ 10:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i have been testing windows vista since the first betas ,

for the full experiance you need 2 ghz , 1 gig of ram and a 128 meg graphix card , if you have this aready the os will activate the full Areo styling automaticaly

if your machine does not meet this it takes 512 meg of ram and 1.5 ghz , for the basic Xp style skin

these are the base requirements

on top of these base requirements you will need more ram and more processor power on top of this for your aplications and file playback

however if you have higher system specs it is a more stable os ,

than xp and has the abiltiy to auto recognise and install thousands of common hardware devices

so its a mix of good and bad

things

but overal i think its better

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 10:23 am
I think it's better for the home use perspective ..not for the mobile Dj i believe that there should be plenty of free resources for the Dj program not a resource hungry OS, dont get me wrong i love Vista but probably won't ever put it in my Dj Pc, beside you guys rember how many service packs it took to get Xp right

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 7:15 pm
I agree. For all the DJs out there, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Inviato Wed 21 Jun 06 @ 7:57 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'll be happy to see a "lighter" windows version sometime from microsoft, but maybe i'm dreaming...
If you really care about your job you need your applications to run stable and use the most of available hardware resources. Operation system is just the base to run your programs, i can't under$tand why so much "bells and whistles"...
All softwares (including vdj) suffer from this "simple/functional vs impressive" dilemma, in other words: fix existing bugs vs. add new features (=new bugs...)
And we (customers) are also responsible for this situation, at least some of us..

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 1:41 am
well u can always install windows xp and make the OS think its a laptop so it will install only the needed resources ..i also wish there was an OS that didnt need alot of memory to bad VDJ doesnt run in DOS lol

Inviato Thu 22 Jun 06 @ 1:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)