Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need Help with DAC-3 PLEASE

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

HI

I own a dac-3 which at first worked fine. but now i don’t know why the right slider just keep on moving on its self !!! i mean when i pitch the song after some time it goes up or down changing the pitch without me touching it !!!!

the big problem is i live in saudi, so i don’t have here any place to fix it if it is a hardware problem.
if so its a hardware problem should i open it and see if there is a chance to let say clean the slider or some sort ????

can you please feed me back with any information you have regarding this issue or opening the dac-3

Many Thanks

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 2:18 pm
I also seem to have a similar problem on the right pitch values, and I have only had mine for like 2 weeks. I thought there was something wrong with the way I have calibrated my DAC 3.

My work around solution is this: I changed the pitch range under VDJ configuration to -8%/+8% so the non-stopping up & down pitch value movements are about 0.1% of the set pitch value, therefore hardly noticeable. And sometimes when I move the slider up & down and back to the desired pitch value, the movements stop.

I would really like to hear input from J.P. Boggis and other experienced DAC 3 users on this issue.

Cheers
DJ Nyiko

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 06 @ 9:24 pm
You might have a faulty DAC-3 - The pitch on mine stays exactly where I set it. However, occassionally I have had it alternate between two pich % values (E.g: -0.2 and -0.3) - I think this might be caused by putting the slider exactly half-way between two values. Moving the slider very slightly stops this.

I normally use the 8% pitch range with the DAC-3 - I don't need any more than this because without using master tempo, the increase/decrease in pitch would be very noticeable (Song way too slow/fast.) Also, 8% gives you the greatest accuracy (Approx. 0.06% steps as apposed to 0.1% steps at 12% and 0.27% steps at 34%.)

Inviato Sun 02 Jul 06 @ 6:26 pm
Many Thanks DJ Nyiko & J.P. Boggis

ill try doing that

Take care & happy spining

Inviato Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 3:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)