Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with video - transitions and video output

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello. I am new to vdj and a PCDJ convert. Have some issues. Running video from a new laptop (Dell E1705) 2 ghz hd 2g RAM. NVIDIA Gforce 7900 video card. Most videos play well but when I connect the computer to an external tv, I have the following issue

If I click the (window) option for output I get the little pop up window which mirrors the tv. This fine. But, when I go to do a transition from one video to another or simply play a 2nd video even if the video fader is to one side, the output screen jumps...as if the cued video is spilling over. It also jumps during the transition as well.

If I click my video card for the output, the jumping goes away but I do not have a preview screen anymore and my video effects do not work. Can someone help? Thanks.

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 8:44 pm
Try downloading the latest drivers of your video card, regards.

Inviato Fri 14 Jul 06 @ 8:58 pm
Hi,

If you have the videos going to the video card, you can show the videos on a small window by clicking on the "video" button on the main screen of VDJ (it's in the middle of the screen just below the Virtual DJ logo)

If this is what your after you could have a look at the v-mix1 skin or the v-mix 3 skin. (on the downloads section of the website)

Hope that helps :)

Inviato Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 2:32 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When u want to output your videos to a tv make sure you select the secondary option under the config/video tab not (window). before you even turn your laptop on the Tv should be connected. when your pc finally comes on make sure that both screens are enabled (right click your desktop and select properties) they both should be the same color ..not shaded, if your using nvidia software make sure that it is set up for spanning or dual view not clone.
In VirtualDj make sure that linked cross faders is selected under the config/video tab, that way your videos will switch with the main fader. Since you have a 7900 hardware accel might work with your video card , so check that it's on. If you need any step by step help you can find my Msn in my profile

Inviato Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 2:49 am
Thanks for the tips. I tried to update the driver but I get an error that tells me the update is not compatible with my hardware. I will have to check that out with my computer guy.

When I click the hardware accel with my sound card chosen, the video playing goes full screen on my main screen and I lose all control of the system. I guess that's not a good choice.
Crossfader is linked and I am in dual screen mode.

I am also noticing that when a video is playing I see the pixels as the action moves from frame to frame. They are vobs ripped with virtual. I have them on an external drive with firewire. Is there some setting I am missing?

Inviato Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 8:48 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
That doest sound like dual view if you have 2 pc's Pm me and i'll try to walk you through it

Inviato Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 6:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)