Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: thinking about converting from PCDJ adn have the Dac-3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i read somewhere that a few people had some mapping configurations for teh Dac-3. WOuld anyone mind uploading one so i may give this puppy a spin. i must say that I am impressed so far with EVERYTHING on the Demo.

Inviato Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 6:40 pm
I have written a custom mapper for the DAC-3 for VDJ, but it is only available to registered users and will only work with the full professional version of VDJ. The demo version and home editions do not have the ability to load and use a custom mapper DLL.

VDJ itself has basic built-in support for the DAC-3, which I think will work in the demo version, allowing you to try the DAC-3 with VDJ. My custom mapper improves on this with the following features:

• Improved jogwheel behaviour and LCD information display.

• Automatic scratch hold and pause (Ideal for spinbacks via DAC-3 jogwheels.)

• Direct access goto/set cue, loops and samples via [1]-[10] buttons.

• Direct FX access and ability to adjust FX parameters using the jogwheel.

• Automatic video crossfading (Ideal for external mixer users.)

• Ability to choose/trigger video FX and choose video transition (Both of these can also be randomised for variety.)

• User customisable parameters directly via the DAC-3.

• File/folder browsing using the jogwheels.

Version 2.0 is currently under development that will allow any of the buttons to be remapped to suit your preferences via a graphical mapping screen. The buttons can be remapped to any VDJ action.

Inviato Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 7:37 pm
great. I am leaning heavily towards switching. i wished it worked on teh demo. i am getting fed up with PCDJ. I like traktor but it is not really that great for dac-3

this is awesome info

Inviato Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 9:38 pm
i was wondering if you can expand on the "imporoved lcd functionality".
my dac-3 works with the demo and i see BPM (although not accurate) and remaining time. dp u have a screen shot of what else is visable? thanks a mil. i am uber impressed with this so far

Inviato Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 4:54 am
Please see http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj/DAC3/DAC3Mapper.txt - This is the readme file that comes with my mapper (NOTE: The DLL itself can only be downloaded from the VDJ site.)

If the BPM figure shown by the DAC-3 is slightly different to the onscreen value in VDJ, you may need to calibrate the pitch on your DAC-3. This can only be done with my mapper, and allows you to adjust it so that it reads 0.0% when locked in the centre position (Often without this, it may be 0.1% out.)

If the BPM (Or pitch) figure jumps in large steps ( > 0.1%) when adjusting pitch, you are probably using the 34% pitch range, which will not allow you to make accurate pitch adjustments. Go into the config settings of VDJ and set the range to either 8% or 12%. 8% will give you the greatest precision.

Inviato Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 5:21 pm
Hi Marlo

Great to see your other post following our emails.

Welcome

djsince74

Asymptote

Inviato Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 2:18 pm
Asymptote..

it was actually your email that made me give virtual Dj a second look. i tried VDJ out a long time ago without any hardware and didnt see the appeal. After hitting the forums and messing with the demo, i decided to make the plunge. Here is what I noticed. The dac-3 works so much better with VDJ than PCDJ primarily because PCDJ has issues with audio drops and doesnt seem to have as committed of a user base like the folks in this forum. Traktor is a beast. I wont even lie. maybe too complicated and not user friendly when it comes to supporting non-midi hardware (mistake people). I love VDJ and the mapper allows me to do all the things i was pulling my hair out to do in Traktor with the Dac-3. The Skins are incredible and make me feel like I am still using my old hardware LOL. i love it. i wish the playlist field (which is much quicker to scan than Traktor or PCDJ) had more comprehensive info like a full music database (traktors is sweet). I hope they address it in 4.0. anyone know what are some of the planned changes for 4.0? also, please build in support for the FMDJ9303 from feena-electronics. its a standard midi device so maybe there is no need, but i would just want to be able to remap the buttons to the appropriate pads.

Inviato Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 2:37 pm
Pleased to be of help Marlo.

I know you'll enjoy VDJ.

A

Inviato Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:50 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)