Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Strange sound with hercules mkII

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys, been using my mkII with virtual dj for a while and I have most things working fine (except a seperate problem which I awaiting response from support with), when I plug in my mkII I hear a weird and annoying pulsating puffing sound straight away. Sometimes it`s barely noticable, even less when music is playing in vdj, however when I am doing my talk over or on quiet sections of a track it can be heard which is not good when I am doing my live broadcasts on web radio. This happens in both mkII ASIO and WDM mode settings. I have it routed into my soundblaster X-fi soundcard for output through my pc speakers.

I don`t know what can be causing this as I noticed the program I use to broadcast also picks up on it as the output level bars bounce up and down on each sound pulse. This doesn`t happen when I use my soundcards ASIO drivers, however that results in me not being able to use the monitoring and mic inout features of the mkII console.

Any advice appreciated.

Inviato Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 1:55 pm
If you are using a laptop, it is probably the old ground loop problem. Try to run the app on battery power only (plug out adapter) and check if you have same result, if the noise is gone, try to get a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter/reducer (dont recall the right name, search forums for ground loop). Also check your cables as bad cables can cause this problem. Make sure no wires are crossing i.e. usb cables and power cords.

Inviato Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:42 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)