Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: notebook sound quality poor

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all, seeking some advice from you all about the sound quality I'm getting from VDJ.

I've got an IBM T41, 1.6GHz processor, 1GB RAM. Using VDJ v3.4. It has a SoundMax integrated audio card.

Obviously this hardware setup is not going to give me very good sound quality and I'm looking at Creative external sound cards to remedy this.

However, the thing I have noticed is that the the sound quality from VDJ is noticeably inferior to iTunes. I'm playing the same mp3 files and iTunes produces better clarity and bass tones. I've got VDJ configured to use the Primary Sound Driver.

Any advise on getting better sound quality out of my setup? If I'm doing something stupid I trust you'll let me know... ;)

Thanks!

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 11:21 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Go to the Settings > FAME Settings and select these:

Limiter [DISABLED]
Auto Gain [DISABLED]
Timestretch [DISABLED]

Should help a bit ;)

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 3:24 pm
"Version 4 will fix this." said Mat, while crossing his fingers.

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 4:18 pm
yes it will ;)

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 5:35 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
v4 will fix many problems :D just wait ;)

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 7:31 pm
and see

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 8:41 pm
el monstro wrote :
I have noticed is that the the sound quality from VDJ is noticeably inferior to iTunes. I'm playing the same mp3 files and iTunes produces better clarity and bass tones.

itunes has equalizer integrated and a kind of 3d surround activated, for that reason you notice the difference.

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 9:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)