Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Start ma new Job this weekend

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

rossyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi folks for years ive done Mobile Discos

and i start in a Club on Friday and saterday for the first time

am a bit nervous but ive been told its a bit easyer than mobiles as you get to know the people and music they like after a while and it becomes easy

any tips would be great

cheers DJ Rossy

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 3:49 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Just start with music that club owner want. Then if you see that people like it, stay at it, otherwise you can suggest him to mix another style of music if you see that people like it. But always play music that people like, never only what you like :)

And make a few minutes pause a few times that people can go to take a drink ;)
Start with old hits and easy music, then go to new hits (i usualy start to mix new music around 1 am).

It is much easier to play in clubs or bars than as mobile DJ :) And if you were working as mobile DJ, you will be successful in club too. You just have to know what music is played there. you can't listen to people like at private party.

Inviato Wed 26 Jul 06 @ 4:18 pm
i am also getting a new job... my first dj gig... at a bowling alley ha ha.
pays $100 a night. only 4 hours of work. and they have their own equipment

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 2:22 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
make a nice evening booth of you! ;) and write how it was.
I still remember my first gig in club lol :D

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 9:57 am
For starters, Congrats...to both of you.......trully there is not better rush than your first Club gig, but when it comes to sugetions...the only thing I can say to you both is...................

Read the peaople, feel the people, get in the mood, and always pay attention to the peoples reaction everytime you mix a song, give them a tease of every song, don't mix at once, people get excited when they are dancing a good song and you give them a taste of the next one, you will hear them screm, everytime you play a little part of the next son, then when you have them pumped up, thow it and they will love it.

I think djing at clubs is like making love.........foreplay is the most important part of it.....tease them until they can take it anymore, then go for it.....jejejejejejejeje

Peace....!!!

Inviato Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 1:54 am
I hope you guys are single. Being a resident DJ will turn you into a lady magnet in no time. :)

Inviato Thu 03 Aug 06 @ 2:53 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol very true

Good luck with ur new job!

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 3:55 pm
U115PRO InfinityMember since 2005
good look !!

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 7:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)