Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ and hot swappable media

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is it a fact that in order for VDJ to see any new medium that has been attached to a system, the application (VDJ) has to closed and then re-opened ??? Isnt it "Hot Swapable" ???

Hot swapping or hot plugging is the ability to remove and replace components of a machine, usually a computer, while it is operating. Once the appropriate software is installed on the computer, a user can plug and unplug the component without rebooting. A well-known example of this functionality is the Universal Serial Bus (USB) that allows users to add or remove peripheral components such as a mouse, keyboard, or printer. It usually requires more sophisticated software and hardware than does plug-and-play.

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 8:54 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well, why should you hot plug devices and remove them? For USB memories, just close the root tree and re-open it... I'm using USB headphones in the advanced setup, but I never disconnect them when using VDJ, because I don't know why I should do it...

Inviato Mon 31 Jul 06 @ 9:49 pm
TexZK wrote :
Well, why should you hot plug devices and remove them? For USB memories, just close the root tree and re-open it... I'm using USB headphones in the advanced setup, but I never disconnect them when using VDJ, because I don't know why I should do it...

A worse case sceranio is if a medium like a External HDD should lose power for a sec but it wasnt been used @ the time, when the power is returned, that device wont be seen in VDJ unless it is closed then reopened.

Another is if ure @ a gig and a DJ friend comes along with his External HDD and wants to DJ, I have a 4 port USB HUB which can facilitate this medium but unless VDJ is closed and reopened, this additional medium will not be in VDJ root directory...

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 1:52 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Mine works when I connect and disconnect external mass storage class devices. Just collapse and expand the 'My Computer' file tree as a crude way of refreshing the contents of it to include any recent changes to the devices connected.

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 2:40 am
I have 2 sata hdd and I use them with 2 external enclosures, one an usb and the other on sata. Both of them appear in vdj without needing to restart.

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 1:35 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This is the same thing I wanted to tell you. I don't understand why your external HD would loose power... maybe try with an external HUB... This isn't a VDJ problem. However, an alternative could be to wait the HD to be finally connected (after the power-up), and then colapse and expand again the "My Computer" node as said before. This works with my pen drives.

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 2:39 pm
The hard drive will show up after Closing and opening "my computer", but I have some folders on my external harddrive set as favourite. These are not refreshed or added. It sometimes happens that I start VDJ, but forgot to switch my external harddrive to on. So I have to restart VDJ (not a problem at all) to get my favourites back.
Ewout

Inviato Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 10:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)