Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows XP Media Center Edition

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone one had any conflicts with VDJ being installed on a Win XP Media Center Edition? I am planning on getting a new laptop with that OS installed. Thanks.

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 2:49 am
I bought a laptop with Media Center OS... but it´s being shipped right now, so I cant tell for sure.

However, Media Center is only XP with a few tweaks, so I think it should be OK.

In a few weeks I´ll know for sure =P

Dj Joe

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 3:46 am
I'm running Windows Media Center Edition 2005 without any problems, it seems to use a little more ram than normal XP but it's nothing to worry about.

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 3:53 am
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
works like a charm. no problems at all

infact, i don't know this is true, but i've heard media center OS's (unless installed by you) have been tweaked for more audio/visual performance than XP..

don't quote me. what i heard lol

i'm running duo core 2.0 ghz with 1 gig ram and it's awesome

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 5:33 am
DJ ELPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Glad to hear that. The laptop I'll probably get will be either a turion x2 or core duo 1.6 gig.

Inviato Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 6:48 am
Windows Media Center is designed to be operated in two modes. One mode is full mode, which is XP. The other mode allows the computer to start up with minimal drivers without booting the OS. This allows the user to use the device as a media player without having to wait for the OS to load. It also reduces power consumption.

Inviato Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 5:32 am
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ kamakuakane

I just bought a laptop the otherday, and didnt know that "the user can use the device as a media player without having to wait for the OS to load". how does taht work?

thnx Nebula

Inviato Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 12:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)