Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: To all Dell Laptop users - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Have any of you been able to get 4.0 to work on your Dell Labtop. I've read the 4.0 Performance stiicky, as well as the Tips and tricks sticky. I've spent 5 hours playing around with performance settings and I still can not get 4.0 to work right. What's its doing is one deck will play ok, but the other deck using the same song will studder and skip. This is with just the internal sound card, I have not even tried it with my Maya 44, or my Serato card I've even gone as far as re-format and do a fresh install, with no other software installed but VDJ 4.0. Like I mentioned earlier I have checked and unchecked every option there is in the performance tab area, low latency, high latency, best quality, fastest, unchecking safe mode & Overclock, re-checking them both, still with no luck. Also my sound card setting are Inputs: None Outputs: Single Output, Sound Card Simple

My current performance setting is BEST QUALITY, LATENCY 64, Safemode & Overclocked checked, Master Tempo - Fast

Here's my Dell Latitude D600 Specs
P4 1.7
1 Gig of ram
Windows XP Pro
VDJ 4.0
Nothing else installed
NIC disabled
USB 2.0 200 Gig hard drive.

Anybody have any suggestions? I don't know what else I can do.

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 7:45 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
internal sound card dell... unless it's the upgraded advanced soundcard, (and even that one i have doubts), try increasing your latency, 64 might be straining it too much

other than that, i don't see a problem..

when you reformated- did you make sure to install all the soundcard drivers if there were any extras? it might be the case that windows' generic soundcard drivers were not as good as the ones that came on the dell cd (especially so if it's the upgraded internal card)

-kedar

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:26 pm
Latency is already at 64, and I'm using the dell audio drivers.

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:29 pm
i think he meant set the latency HIGHER than 64...

It just might be to low for your internal soundcard

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:31 pm
As I mentioned in my earlier post, I've tried every setting, used the highest to the lowest latency setting

Also I've noticed that visually the turntable does not turn smoothly, it studders

Right now Performance setting are Best Quality - Latency 2048, both Safemode and overclocked checked

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 8:44 pm
Also I've noticed when I'm playing a song the green CPU meter is peaked to the max

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:03 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Pfff i always say not to buy Dell ;-)
See their problems with batteries and it's the second time

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:06 pm
It' could be a Dell thing, that's why my post says To All Dell Laptop users, just curious if I"m the only one with a Dell that is having these problems.

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:09 pm
The exploding battery problem was Sony's fault, not Dell's and Dell most likely use other providers soundchips so it is unlikely to be a problem exclusive to Dell's, although it is possible. Don't forget that you need to press OK to close the menu and apply the settings before they have an effect. It's best to find out if things work smoothly with the lowest setting first, you have applied quite performance heavy settings for your CPU, my desktop machine (CPU slightly better than your Laptops) won't run VDJ smoothly at best quality unless I use the nVidia ASIO drivers and even then it will still click and pop.

I haven't had much free time since V4's release but I figure these would be the most performance effective settings:

Good luck and keep us posted!

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:35 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
no sir, i use dell and i've never looked back. excellent experiences

perhaps if there IS something wrong with your internal soundcard- try your maya! maybe you do infact have a bad card in which case you just don't have a backup for the maya :/ but it might take care of the problem

i really cant think of anything else besides computer problems themselves... how is the CPU usage when you run other programs? is VDJ the only one that peaks it so harshly?

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:36 pm
I have an Inspiron 6400 and it works flawlessly... I'm amazed on how good the internal SigmaTel soundcard sounds... I was almost tempted to cancel my U46DJ order (just jokin =P)

But it does work without any problems =)

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:38 pm
I have a SigmaTel sound card in my Dell as well. What are your performance setting?

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:46 pm
I would turn off safe mode for sure. That definitely affects the sound adversely on both of my systems.

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 10:13 pm
i'm using a dell latitude c640 with maya44 ;all is fine without safe mode on;u say u got maya AND serato why haven't u tried Them? s'pposed to check all possibilities out ;IMO;i sometimes have video fx probs but i haven't upgraded my ram yet "only got 512mb" but i am satisfied with 4.0 until i try 1gig of ram ;-)

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 10:57 pm
I'll give a try with my Maya, sometimes for basic gigs my internal soundcard worked just fine in 3.4. It's just one less piece of gear to have to bring.

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:05 pm
I'm using a dell inspiron 130b with u46dj, and I have a few glitches (getting ready to make a post about it) but not so much in the audio department. I really don't know how to troubleshoot that one, but Dell does make good computers;^]

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 12:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
make sure ur laptop isnt one of the batch that explodes lol

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 12:44 am
Well I'm disappointed. I've tried it with both my SL1 and my Maya. Same results. At this point I am at a loss, I understand my problems are with performance, but what else can I do. VDJ 3.4 works fine. VDJ 4.0 works fine on my Desktop, and my Northgate Laptop, that I use and keep at the radio station that I work at, without having to make any performance ajustments. The Dell is my gig laptop. Also I do have the Dell optimized for audio.

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 1:11 am
Hi djreggieward,

I understand your problem completely. I am running a 4670 series Acer laptop and experience the same problem. I am not sure that I would describe it as skips, but more pops and crackles. I also observed that depending on the vDJ latency setting, it can almost sound like a metronome type sound and can continue for some seconds, even after you have stopped the music.

I have isolated further: the internal soundcard and it's driver does not appear to be a problem since the problem moves to any other sound device connected to the laptop (USB port) that is assigned to channel 2 in the vDJ sound config dialoge.

As you mention, the problem is not evident with the old 3.x sound engine. [:o)

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:24 am
Well, you could try the suggestion I made on the previous page, it even has pictures just to make things clearer.. If it runs fine with highest performance settings then you can tweak it accordingly, if not then you have a bit of digging to do, irq conflicts, latest drivers installed etc? Also try turning key lock of and see if you still have problems.

Inviato Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:33 am
67%