Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 24 hours in the field with v4

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all,
after my little test gig last thursday. I had to play at the car tuning meeting for the whole day (bg music) and also the party in the evening.

8:00 AM - 20:00 Background from VDJ. (winamp played one cd-set)
20:00 PM - 8:00 AM disco party.

All in VDJ was flawless, two backup cd players (used twice for the CD that people brought to play).

Details:
- SKips solved easily by disablind WIFI card in my notebook (same for VDJ 3.4)
- backup players not used (only 2 times for brougt cd by organisator)
- burned up ampifier (one channel) by moderator shouting loud
(it can't be burned after 3 repairs, there's something hidden, not only the transistors, that causes it to pass away, but it was borrowed, and I was told to be aware that it passes randomly, fortunately i had a backup one, and protections disabled speakers so all was fine.

- some SMS messages next day, as some people asked form visit cards. "My husband doesn't like discotheks, but you were cool and he liked your style, when and where you play next ? "

SUmmary:

good feeling that a fantastic people (yep not only dev team, support team, but also users) helped to develop fantastic software to make people feel fantastic and enjoy the music and dance.

once again

THANK YOU!

p.s. Playlist is in my blog also hopefully i'll get some nice car photos also...

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:51 pm
"- SKips solved easily by disablind WIFI card in my notebook (same for VDJ 3.4) "

yupp.. PC's are funny that way...

Its incredible what can actually cause conflicts sometimes..

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:55 pm
Yep, at home I tried only built in soundcard.

At testgig a played with 2 USB cards.

between i just connected at home with wifi instead of cable (me lazy man)
and at a gig a though: this won't be a good day, what happened?
Clicked in the performance(s) setting and 5m later I smashed my head with my hand,
howled like a wolf switched the wifi switch and also disabled it in the network connections.

I cannot imagine what could happen if I did not have this problem before,
maybe a big post how V4 sucks :-). In fact my previos notebook (same brand same chipset but now i have 15'' screen intead of 12'') was not doing this. It dropped on the floor so I bough new chassis and put my old CPU, Harddrive, memory, cdrom, wificard inside.

So it's something like catching ghosts.

Please play aloud Ghostbusters theme for all those catching the V4 evil ghost.
I hope they will put it in bait, like I did.

"I ain't afraid of no POPS"

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:14 pm
hehe ;)

Have played Ghostbuster quite a few times .. my old laptop was having all kinds of strange behaviour :)

Inviato Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 11:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)