Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Need some pro advise on Demo creation

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jzafraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys, I know that this is a bit embarrasing cuz I should know what to do but, I have gotten to where I'm at now cuz of this community so I know that you guyz can help me. I have been DJing for two years now. I spind HIPHOP, REGGAE,REGGAETON, and trance. I have successfully established a mobile DJ company with an average of two parties a month. I have played at two clubs this year. I am seeking to really begin playing in the club scene because I just love the energy that a DJ can bring to the club. My mission now is to create a DEMO. This is where I am ignorant and have no idea what club owners or entertainers are looking for in a DEMO cd. How should I structure it? What kinda of songs should I put on it? What genres should I concentrate on? How long should it be? How perfect should it be?(<What I mean is, when I've made my mixes I sometimes feel that I could've mixed a song way better or started it at a different time and so on>) I've attempted to call local venues and asked if they were looking for a DJ. Is this good or bad? How should I approach club owners and what should I say and offer or demand? I bearly know anyone in the scene already who could hook me up, so I know I have to do some leg work but I know I can do it, even if I don't know anyone yet. Anyfeed back on this would be incredibly appreciated. Once again if this is all stupid let me know too, I just want to start getting my name out there and showing others that I can mix and letting people hear what I can do. Thanks guyz

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:13 am
Well, most club owners I know don't want to hear a demo, they want to hear YOU. Getting your foot in the door with club owners is the best way to go. Go to the clubs that you want to DJ at. Try to get some time with the owner(s), and get to know the DJs that are already there. That will really help get you into the door. I lot of times club owners are hesitant to have someone they or the staff doesn't know waste their time. A demo will just show that you know how to make a recording, it will not prove that you have what it takes to move a crowd in a packed club.

Inviato Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 6:02 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Derricke is right. You have to show LIVE what you can do. Once that you finish first night in club, you can give demo cd to owner too. If he is satisfied with you and music, then he will probably use that cd for your promotion.

Inviato Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 10:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)