Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: intel or amd

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

What should we use or what do you recomend , Intel Or AMD ?
What speed CPU ?
SATA or SATA II ?
Internal HD or external firewire HD (already have) ?
USB sound card or internal sound ard (What kind) ?
Any help on these questions would be great I'm trying to build a computer only for vdj........

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 1:29 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Intel is kinda better at the moment with price/performance and the best is Intel Pentium D 915 with 2 cores at 2.8Ghz and 2x 2Mb cache (around 160 euros).
SATA 2 8Mb cache for sure because it's price is the same as SATA 1 (sata 1 is no longer made).
Take Internal HD with 160Gb, it is the best price and you can add later any USB HD drive.
Take ESI U46DJ USB sound card, it has all you need. If you want a controller and a sound card than go for Hercules MK2.

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:23 am
I already have gigaport ag usb sound card & two 500gb firewire external HD.I like to use these & save on the pc that I like to build,but also the money that I'm saving I like to use it towards the video card & gig of memory.Do you feel that will work just as good?

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:55 am
Sound card is good and you have hard drives, you need one of them to connect it to SATA controller. Does you sound card has any inputs because there is not in specs on the ESI homepage? Strange, 8 outputs and none inputs.
For video card, take 6600Gt or new 7600Gs or 7600Gt with 256Mb.

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:21 am
The sound card only has 8 outputs . The video card I plan on using nvidia 7900gtx 512mb .
Because I have no inputs on my sound card why would I need them for.I don't do tc because I have a dac2 & dac3 so I will use either one.Please give your input onthese items.Thanks............

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 3:43 am
Video card is very good (and for gaming too ;) ), and you will not need inputs for sound card since you no planinng of using TCV or TCCD.

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 5:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)