Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark ICDX Set up - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 12:46 am
DJFocusPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Im lookin at the big picture that is posted...wheres the button to hit in order to use the hardware as a controller?

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 5:52 am
There is a button on the top "SRC", you press it, than you rotate to "Parameters" and select "USB-HID" which means "Human Interface Device" and it is working in Windows without any drivers! Than you just have to choose it in VDJ V4 in "Remote Control" and enjoy the ride :) . Don't ask me how I know all this, just a little info for ya guys, stay tuned... ;)

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 6:48 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
StylesQ wrote :
Hmmm I want a pair also, but being an employee for Honda/Acura Mfg, I can speak first hand that when we do a new model change-over, the first few thousand off the line have been "ginney pigs" sorta speak, while the associates learn and perfect their build techniques. Also, Honda usually make a few "tweaks" on these models to improve something or another.

What does this have to do with the Icdx? Well...like anything new...the above scenario applies. Wait a month or 2. Let the bugs get worked out of their assembly techniques. Then buy one thats been built by staff who have built a few thousand and know the product quirks.

But ya.. finally technology has caught up to what we've been wanting. (A controller, AND a cd player in case your computer goes down or something... press a button and your flyin with cd's or an Ipod, like nothing ever happened.

How cool is that! :)

That's true. It is worth to wait a little more.

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 12:15 pm
djzare wrote :
Yeah, it all sounds great - if it only wasn't Numark! :( Not really known by quality wise, but they are way inovative.
Will be tracking this post, who knows- maybe my denons 1000 will be for sale soon!

2 xeon: how about that x300 mixer? Been looking to buy one, but concerned because it is discontinued. A bit pricy maybe, no fx, and some glitches with x-fader & other parts braking off - my source of information is the denon forum (unofficial). Maybe Denon is planing to release something new to compesate the gap in the mixer line, would not like to spend money and than BAM! -a new better toy is out, shining like a frigin star " * " - you know what I mean.
2 more things: xeon, are you perhaps from Slovenia & how much did the x300 cost you (€) ?

Regards to all of you from Croatia, was & still is a great forum!

A dedicated TCCD VDJ user- DJ Žare

X300 of Denon is really great mixer for that price. It has great sound and build quality. It is not 4 sale any more, i bought it 2 years ago at sale in Deutschland. It was 270 EUR. If you can get it, buy it. You don't need effects, VDJ have them ;) But i have external effector connected to mixer too. It works great till now with 1-2 partyes per week + home practice almost every day.

Yes, i am from Slovenia. You too? Another VDJ user? :D

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 12:22 pm
DJFocus wrote :
Im lookin at the big picture that is posted...wheres the button to hit in order to use the hardware as a controller?

I said i am not sure about that. But it seems it is there :D thanks ALF ;)

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 12:23 pm
Im using two of of the ICDX's. How does the program distiguish which one controls which deck in the program?

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 2:27 pm
You can't use ICDX because it is not out yet :)

Don't really know kow VDJ knows which one to controll, but i think there should be option to swap like XP10 has in VDJ preferences.

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 4:17 pm
lol...good one xeon. Yeah cuz i was lookin at the option to enable the ICDX in "Remote Control" Preferences and it simply says enable. I thought it would be a "choice" set up similar to the TCV one. Also....how do i go about mapping the different functions in VDJ to the buttons on the ICDX?

Im sorry for all the questions, but Ive never used a remote controller for VDJ before and I just wanted some things cleared up

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 4:35 pm
Well.. nobody knows what exactly you can do with ICDX, but i persume you can do everything lol! It's a controller made for VDJ and there will be mapper maybe, but not sure.

But what function you have at ICDX? Play, cue, and some others. Not so much to map, but most usable functions. I think all functions won't work with VDJ because some are for CDs.

Wait and see :)

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 4:50 pm
Just wondering, once we get the icdx's, are they gonna show a picture beside our names in the forums or does it have to be bought from within vdj? Cause hercules users get a picture right? On second thought, is the icdx gonna be sold with maybe a demo or home edition version of VDJ4.0?(see how it's capitalized, cause of its might. Everyone should address VDJ4.0 with respect) ;)

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 5:23 pm
Lol...yeah i feel you xeon. The question of mapping was more centered around the question of looping, because i use ALOT of loops when i mix, and i was wondering if i would ahve to do it manually on the computer or on the ICDX.

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 5:27 pm
Ok i get the point :)
but once again: will see :D

Don't know about the picture under nick in the forum, it is too early to talk about everything. I decided to buy it on January, maybe it is really worth to wait because of possibility of mistakes (like every new thing, including cars).

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 5:34 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
When do these famous ICDX release anyways ? Hmm may be different date for me because im in Australia.

Inviato Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:49 am
You will be able to browse the folders/files, use effects in VDJ via iCDX and also record samples and play them. Than you have Cue points, Loop option, Reverse... ;)

Inviato Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:51 am
Alf are you serious? :D If it is true, it should be product of the year :D

Inviato Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 1:44 pm
and lots more ;)
its a CONTROLLER ;) with native support in VDJ :)

Inviato Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 7:43 pm
Man you guys need to shut up. You're making me go crazy.

Inviato Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 8:19 pm

Inviato Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 9:58 pm
Oh My god. I can't wait. They look nice and small. I hadn't really looked at the specs(sizewise).Once I get them i'm gonna have more space in my case for a hard drive;)

Inviato Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 10:05 pm
85%