Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video Performance Issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djtybPRO InfinityMember since 2005
So, I've finally started playing around with V.4. Looks good. Sounds even better, but I feel like if I choose the higher performance settings to give me better quality, my video performance suffers.

Computer Specs

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
2GB DDR400 Ram
3 250GB SATA Hard Drives
GeForce 7800 GT PCIE Video Card with 256MB Ram
M-Audio Delta 1010LT

I tried the performance slider at the highest from the max setting - I notch to the left of absolute right and when I play 2 videos, they both slow down.

If I move it one notch to the left - I get fast video speed, but I feel like the master tempo doesnt work as well and the sound quality goes down...

Thoughts???

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:07 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Simply, Athlon 64 3200+ is not up to the task! For highest performance, I think that Dual Core Intel 915 D with 4Mb cache and 2.8 Ghz will be enough but not sure :) . I have that in the other machine and I will try it to see how it is performing. Stay tuned :)

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:24 am
Hmmmmm...works great for the videos on v3.4 - is v4 that much more computer intensive ? DO NOT want to spend any more money on PC parts - Maybe I'll just wait for the Mac version since I have 2 dual core Intel Macs.

Should I give up now on the Athlon 64 3200+ ??

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 9:25 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 5:01 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Lol and I bought 2 :)

Inviato Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 8:11 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Best quality options are made to reach the top of the the must powerful processors. VDJ 4 even in it's fastest settings (opposit than quality) sounds better than VDJ 3.4. So please try to use a setting in there that let you work better, don't blame VDJ 4 or even AMD 3200+ processor.

If you want MAC version because of Dual Core processors, don't wait and buy now any of the laptops with Core Duo processors now, for sure a lot of more performance than your current Pc.

In a Few you are going to see Core 2 Duo on laptops too. But as I said before, just adjust your settings as well as it could be with your actual hardware and don't buy anything yet.

:-)

Good Luck!

Inviato Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 11:07 am

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 9:00 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
That is a hell of a nice processor, but its not going to work with your current board as its the new am2 socket. Personally I would wait till the second generation of am2 boards to switch (probably around christmas) I'll be watching these boards closely.

Inviato Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 9:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)