Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark CM200USB & Headphones

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Okay, Try as I might I can't seem to figure out how to get VDJ and the CM200USB to work properly AND allow me to use my headphones to listen to music I want to cue up!

I setup the mixer with both USB plugs going into my rack mount PC... So far, so good... Windows recognizes both sound cards in the mixer and I raised the volume all the way on both sides so they would be the same and of higher volume.

Problem is, I want to use VDJ as the 'mixer' for those (ie: VDJ left goes to channel 3, VDJ right goes to channel 4)... I won't be using the fader on the mixer for those channels though, I have the (mixer) fader setup to channels 1 & 2...

I would like to be able to play music on VDJ Left side (out to channel 3) but then still listen via the headphones to VDJ right side (channel 4)... It doesn't seem to want to do that for me though... :(

Also, if I use the "LISTEN" feature in VDJ (by righclicking a song) it plays out the same channel!?!?

As I said, I want to use VDJ's fader for VDJ though... and when I do, it won't allow me to listen to cued songs...

I'm not sure VDJ can differentiate between the two different sound cards in the mixer very well becuase they both have the same name when looked at by VDJ (it shows both but with same name)... Not sure if that is the problem or not... If so, would there be a way I could change the name of one to differentiate better?

I just want it to work like any other mixer but with TWO inputs from the VDJ program...

p.s. I can get it to work if I set the mixer on VDJ to the center and configure the Numark Mixer to use the fader for channels 3 & 4, but I don't want to use the Numark's fader as that would defeat the purpose of being able to use the automix, etc. in VDJ (which I use often for cocktails and dinner portions of my events).

Inviato Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 12:26 am
If the automix function is the only thing witch stops you from using 3&4 chanels why don't you set the numark mixer fader in the middle position when you want to use automix? When the automix part it's over and you want to perform you could set the vdj crossfader in the middle and use the numark crossfader for output. Another option is to use the 2 card option (one for output and one for headphones) in the vdj settings. Then you'll feed the chanell 3 of the mixer with main output of the vdj and the 4th chanell of the mixer with headphones output of vdj. The fader on 3th chanel sould be set at 0db position and for 4th chanel in down position (because you'll be needing just for cueing).

Inviato Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 8:18 am
mariushallangos,

Those are good ideas and I have already explored them. The problem with working with the MIXER's fader in the center is that you can't use the headphones to cue unless you remember each time to turn the volume all the way down on the mixer for that channel - even though it's using VDJ's crossfader...

The best solution (for me) so far is to set it up like you mentioned with dual sound card setup with one channel for sound output and the other for headphones and then just keep the volume (on mixer channel 3 which I set to headphone) turned off and use only channel 4 on the mixer... But I feel as though I am 'wasting' an entire channel that way...

My other option would be to find a skin which is made for only ONE player (with no VDJ fader) and run TWO of them at the same time and treat them as if they are CD players on seperate channels and use the mixer's fader... But again, doing it that way won't allow the automix functions, beatlocking, etc...

So, I keep hoping there's another solution... :(

DJAlan

Inviato Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 11:39 pm
gvmusicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do the VDJ developers have this mixer in the works for an update?

the Hurcules console does not seem compatable any more. Everyone I know that has or is trying to use it is having problems with the crackling and popping sounds.

Could someone get a message to the developers that numark a company that makes mixers has this new system and how can we make it work with the great VDJ program! Please!

Thank you!

Inviato Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 2:08 am
Hi i had the same or similar type of problem.
Found out how to get this working, it took hours and a couple of days trying to figure out the right configuration setting to use as i just got my cm200usb and dmc2 board the other day, so i had to figure out the configuration i wanted.

I wanted to play a track and just after starting the track i done the following to cue the next track in my headphones which would then eventually automix into the live 2nd deck:

The following also depends on your current setup configuration.
My setup:

a) speakers/amp connected to master audio on mixer
b) mixer connected to laptop
c) Dmc2 controller connected to laptop

1)1st track played on first deck
2)Hold down cue button on second deck whilst selecting another track
3)This will start to play through the headphones
4)when your ready to mix into the live 2nd deck hit automix.

5)The main key here is "Hold down CUE button" whilst selecting the each track on deck1 and deck2 when selecting your tracks to play.

This is working for me !!
D-Menace

Inviato Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 11:32 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)