Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is this possible

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hefferHome userMember since 2006
Am looking at startin out and would like some advice. My laptop doesnt have a very good sound card so I am thinking of purchasing an external sound card like this -

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0892796048.1160661933@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccecaddjdjelhffcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=790349&category_oid=

What i want to do is connect an external mixer to my laptop to control the sound coming from PCDJ. I only want to use the built-in speakers on my laptop till I can build up some skills. I am able to get hold of a basic Numark Mixer to use but am just a bit stumped on how to connect everythin. Would I just connect the mixer to the external sound card using phono cables? Would I be able to upgrade and use vinyls with this set up.

I dont particularly want to use a DJ console like the Hercules MK2 because I would prefer the look of more traditional set up.

Sorry if this makes no sense but a want more than mixin with a mouse!

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry heffer no email address is allowed from a demo user

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:09 pm
Hi Heffer,

I wouldn't recommend the soundcard you have in mind for use with VDJ. I once bought one and regretted it.

I know it is more expensive, but I would recommend a AUDIOTRAK U46DJ USB . they are on Ebay in UK for around £99. I know that seems like a fair amount of money, but it will do everything you want to do now and in the future, plus which you would expect to get a good price if you wanted to sell it on later. Connections for Time Control are all here in the forum, just do a search when you get to the time and you'll find all the information you need. For now though, you'll just want to connect to your mixer channels.

Good luck

A

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:27 pm
hefferHome userMember since 2006
Cheers, what were the problems with that sound card. A know the DJ in a local club and a reckon a may be able to get a set in there in time. If a get the sound card you recommend would a be able to connect that to any mixer cos its a pro setup they have in there. The DJ in the club is a shambles and am aimin to replace him eventually - watch this space

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 4:38 pm
Yes, you'd have no problems connecting to any mixer with the Maya soundcard.

Good luck with getting in at the club. Whereabouts is it?

a

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 06 @ 9:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)