Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: alienware video card

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I keep hearing all these negative views on NVidia GS cards, yet, I'm looking at an alienware laptop using that card @ 512 mb of video memory, "sli enabled". what are the thoughts on this model for video mixing? it is obviously quite powerful, goes the gs make a difference though?

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:36 am
in addition, would a different model video card be better, yet at the expense of it only having 256 mb?

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:39 am

User feedback here at this forum clearly indicates that Nvida have issues with laptops.
ATI seems to be a far better card for laptop video djing...

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 7:04 pm
hmm, okay, i suppose ill go with that. Thanks for the feedback!

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 8:22 pm
I'm not saying the NVidia GS is bad... I dont know it..

Maybe ACW have a good knowledge about it.. ;)

Some Nvida cards work great on laptops too, but there has been some issues with some of them..

So maybe someone else who have tried it can help ;)

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 8:33 pm
Well, it seems ATI is the way to go for laptops. What ca you recommend as the top laptop with the ATI card? I will spend top dollar to get the best, so feel free to point me in the absolute optimum direction. Thanks!

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:37 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
X1600 and above seems to be the choice for Laptop video Card
I think it's older Equal would be the X600

Inviato Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 10:41 pm
and does the ati X1600 trump the NVidia 9000 gtx card?

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 12:01 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I could only tell you what I do know, and thats that the ATI cards seem to have the least problems with VDJ on Laptops
As far as the Nvidia , I think you mean the NG90 platform , Theres no 9000gtx, and NG90 is "rumored" to be under Development so theres no way to compare
Maybe you meant the 7900gtx?

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 12:28 am
excuse me, you are right...I did mean the 7900 GTX. your current thoughts on my trumping question, in light of my correction?

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 12:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)