Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Freeze in 4.1

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everyone. I know lots of peoples issued were resolved with this update, and mine seems alot more stable, so kudos to the developers.

However, I still encounter a freeze under specific circumstances. It's not an issue usually, but it's still there, and occasionally I forget not to do it - quite annoying. Fortunately, I'm not very forgetful :)

The issue I have is when I am playing in one of the decks (say, A) and I load another song into the deck B, if I change my mind about the song and drag a new song onto deck B while the previous song is still scanning, or for about 4-5 seconds after it has finished scanning, the screen will freeze and I will lose all control, with ctrl, alt, del being my only option, although the music continues to play. In the new update, I notice the ctrl, alt, del will now terminate the program immediately, which is awesome. If I ever stuff up and forget, at least I can get out now at the end of the song and load a new instance of virtual DJ within seconds. Before I'd get Virtual DJ taking a good 10 seconds to exit this way with the music machine gunning... very bad.

Anyways, wondering if anyone else has had any exerience with this, and if the staff know about it?

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 8:12 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Gus Mackay wrote :
In the new update, I notice the ctrl, alt, del will now terminate the program immediately, which is awesome.

Impossible as it's a Windows command (task) and VirtualDJ doesn't react to it.

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 10:41 am
Nope. When I press the three fingered salute, I select the process and it terminates IMMEDIATELY. Sorry if I didn't make that clear :)

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 2:53 pm
Yes Gus, I have had the freeze happen to me the same way you explain.I have also had it happen when using the video effects. I have just loaded 4.1.2. and note more re-writing. will keep an eye on it. But I must say that before I was always scared when using VDJ in a show. It is far better now and in most nights runs without a hitch. Issues for me have only occured when you do stuff out of the norm. you know like load one song on top of another that has not finished loading. Dam I hate changing my mind!

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 4:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try changing your proformance slider to fast:)

Inviato Thu 19 Oct 06 @ 5:00 pm
salusPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I operate a P4 2.8mHz computer with 512 mb of ram. The last gig I was at Club DJ Pro worked fine for three hours then it suddenly froze on me. I had to reset the computer. Niot good when a bunch of people are on the dancefloor.

Is there any solution to this, apart from fiddling with the performance slider, I wonder? Is it an inherent problem with Virtual DJ - intermittent freezing?

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 06 @ 1:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)