Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I use VDJ3.4 as a mobile dj and love it. Problem is when in between songs while using the mic or at low volume levels I get a buzzing noise through my speakers while running the VDJ3 program. It sounds like the computer running the program. If I unplug the computer and run on battery power the noise goes away but the battery only lasts 2-3 hours and most gigs are 4-5 hours. I dont get the noise when the VDJ3 program isnt opened. I use a DELL inspiron 8600 with a Peavey amp and Peavey speakers. Any help would be appreciated.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 1:34 am
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Instead of connecting mic directly to laptop use an externat card like MK2... static noise is normal in laptops when power supply is on

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 1:50 am
Alright.. I am a little slow here so please bear with me. What is an external card (mk2)? Where can I get one? Does it install easily? Finally, how does that hook to your mixing board?

Thanks for the reply!

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 2:03 am
I had the same issue with my laptop; it appears that the ground prong allows for a loop and causes the buzz. The loop, in my case, is caused by the laptop and none of my other gear. The quick fix I found was to use an adapter to eliminate the ground prong. You can buy one of these at any hardware store, it's intended use it to plug in a 3 pronged grounded plug into an old 2 slot recepticle. Good luck.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 2:08 am
No kidding!!! I will have to try that. I would have never guessed that at all. I have tried everything that I can think of to fix this problem and I may be able to fix it with a $0.50 adapter. Is this going to hurt the laptop though? Souldnt it be grounded?

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 2:15 am
Well, I went out to my garage and had one of those adapters that you were talking about so I gave it a shot. All I can say is... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! As you can guess, it worked.. Thanks alot!

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 2:36 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
might be nice if you purchased it 2

lol

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 3:03 pm
I have purchased the software. Been using it for two years now. They dont have my version on hear to show what I purchased from what I can tell.

Inviato Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 11:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 12:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)