Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Approved Graphics Card

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DjGazUKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm about to buy a new graphics card. Just wondered if there was a "Virtual Dj approved" one?

What make / model should I get? What specs do I need to look for? I have AGP in the PC I use for VDJ at the moment. Is PCI-E any better? Is it worth getting a different main board at the same time? Or is AGP good enough?

Any comments?
If you can reccomend one please post links to on-line shops (UK stores if possible).

Cheers!

Inviato Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 4:00 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well, being a gamer, I do know a little about gpu's(vid cards).
In order of birth, here are what is out there without getting too in depth.
1-pci
2-agp
3-agp 8X
4-PCI express
5-PCI express 16

Then you can go sli (dual cards)with the pci express(nvidia)
ATI dual is called crossfire.

I'm not too familiar with ATI, but
PCI Express 16 is by far the best. (that's the card slot on the mobo)

Anything with 256 ram should be good.
I think you'd be fine with one pci express 16 card.

Pixel lines(more is better)

You will need to know what your mobo (motherboard) supports for card slots.

If you are going intel or amd.
If you go intel, I would definitely go with one of the new core 2 duo cards.

I shop at www.newegg.com (it's in the u.s., but they may ship to you)
Here is a head start if you went with Nvidia.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Category=38&N=2010380048+1069609641+1305520548+106790717&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48

I would think that anything over a nvidia 7800gt would be fine. I have a fx500 w/128 ram on the card(pci slot)nvidia which is a toddler compared to the 7800gt. The 7800gt is a pci xpress 16 I think.
I can do video somewhat with my card on my home pc, and it can do "ok", but not good enough for gigs.

The 7900 and 7950 series cards are out now, and Windows Vista is coming out within 6 months, so stuff is getting cheaper. Direct X10 is suppose to come out at that point, and these cards might not be compatible, but I am going to wait on Vista anyway. Just get something that is compatible.

Here is what is on my new home pc wishlist.
Processor:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115004
Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131070
Video Card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130061

Then I was looking at some Corsair XMS ram.

Anyway, there's some stuff to think about, and what I like, is probably different than what others have in mind. (I play games like f.e.a.r.)

Good luck!

Inviato Sat 28 Oct 06 @ 5:01 pm
Thanks for the reply. Seeing as this Main Board has AGP I'll have to get an AGP card for now because I need it quick.

What do you think to this one:
http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=1830

BFG nVidia GeForce 7600GS OC 512MB Graphics Card

" Experience extreme HD gaming and video on your PC with a BFG GeForce® 7600 GS OC graphics card. Featuring the award-winning GeForce 7 Series architecture, this graphics card delivers smooth, realistic gaming at ultra-high resolutions. Additionally, the GeForce 7600 GPU by NVIDIA® brings high-definition, home-theater quality video to the PC through the acclaimed NVIDIA PureVideo™ technology. Factory overclocked core and memory clocks gives an extra boost in performance at no extra cost."

Features:
- AGP 8x/4x compatible
- Superscalar GPU architecture
- NVIDIA CineFX™ 4.0 engine
- NVIDIA UltraShadow™ II technology
- Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 support

Specifications:
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
- Bus Type: AGP
- Memory: 512MB DDR2
- Core Clock: 420MHz
- RAMDACs: Dual 400MHz
- DirectX Compliance: DirectX® 9.0
- Connectivity: Dual-Link DVI-I, VGA, HDTV
- Vertices/sec: 525 million
- Max. Display Mode: 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz (Digital)
- Dual View: Yes

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 2:12 pm
Or if I pay a bit more (which if it will make VDJ run better I don't mind). I might get this one:

Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800GS+ Silent 512MB DDR3 DVI, TV OUT, AGP (450MHz Core Clock) (1250MHz Memory Clock)

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?GWD-78GSS

"Gainward is one of the world's premier designers and suppliers of graphics cards and multimedia add-on solutions.

PRODUCT FEATURES:

Includes Gainward's award-winning EXPERTool tuning utility for customized performance enhancements and efficient desktop management;
Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) guarantees forward and backward compatibility with software drivers;
Performance enhanced, accelerated software drivers for all major operating systems and APIs;
Easy Plug-and-Play AUTORUN installation from CD-ROM;
Supports 8X, 4X and 2X AGP;
Digital Vibrance Control 3.0 (DVC) allows the user to adjust color controls digitally to compensate for the lighting conditions of their workspace, in order to achieve accurate, bright color in all conditions;
High-Definition H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV Hardware Acceleration Smoothly playback H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV video - including WMV-HD - with minimal CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work;
PureVideo - the combination of high-definition video processors and decoder software delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content to turn your PC into a high-end home theater."

Specs:

General Compatibility PC
Device Type Graphics adapter
Enclosure Type Plug-in card
Interface Type AGP 8x

Expansion / Connectivity Compatible Slots 1 x AGP
Interfaces 2 x DVI-I (dual link) - 29 pin combined DVI ¦ 2 x VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15) ( with adapter ) ¦ 1 x HDTV output

Miscellaneous Cables Included 2 x DVI-VGA adapter ¦ 1 x HDTV cable ¦ 1 x power cable

Software / System Requirements Software Included Gainward EXPERTool
OS Required Microsoft Windows XP 64-bit Edition, Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP
Peripheral / Interface Devices CD-ROM, two additional power connectors, 400W power supply, adjacent PCI slot
System Requirements Details Pentium 4 - RAM 256 MB

Processor / Memory Technology GDDR3 SDRAM 256-bit
Features Nvidia SLI Multi-GPU Technology
Graphics Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS
Memory Clock Speed 1.25 GHz
Video Memory Installed 512 MB
Core Clock Speed 450 MHz

Video Output Digital Video Standard Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
Max Monitors Supported 2
API Supported OpenGL 2.0, DirectX 9.0c
TV Interface HDTV out

What are your thoughts please?

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 2:18 pm
I can't cope with my video's beeing jerky anymore :( So have gone and bought the Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800GS+ card.

Hope it fixes the jerky video problem or I'm going to cry!

The card I am currently using is:

ATI Radeon 9550 256MB (128bit) DDR Graphics Card with DVI TV Model Number: C3D 6055
Click Here For The Official Page: http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9550/index.html

The Radeon 9550 provides real DX9 power to the mainstream and allows gamers to experience the beauty of next generation graphics. With balanced precision, the Radeon 9550 will produce realistic dynamic lighting, soft shadow effects, DX9 shaders, and bump mapping all at new levels of image quality and performance.

Technical Specifications:
- Memory: 256MB DDR
- Memory Bus Width: 128bit DDR
- Outputs: VGA, DVI, TV
- Interface: AGP 4/8x
Click Here For More Info

Bought from: www.svp.co.uk
Price: £48.99

So I can't understand why the video's were playing jerky in the first place!? But with a bit of luck the new card should fix it.

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 2:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
6600 GT nvidia card should do the trick.

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 06 @ 3:28 pm
OK my new graphics card is in the PC.

Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800GS+ Silent 512MB DDR3 DVI, TV OUT, AGP (450MHz Core Clock) (1250MHz Memory Clock)

However virtual Dj still performs exactly the same as before. Whenever I load a new video there is a slight stutter in the video that is playing, and if I click anywhere in the waveform to skip through a song the whole thing freezes up.

Here's the rest of my set up: Pentium 3.2Ghz (D) Dual Core CPU, 2GB Memory, SATA 300GB Hard Drive.

Any ideas ?

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:00 pm
that is not the video card I recomended.

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:17 pm
I only have AGP in this PC so the 6600 GT nvidia would not work.

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:21 pm

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:23 pm
Oh right. Now you tell me. lol.

But where can I get one in the UK will it fix the jerky problem for tomorrows gig ?

But hasn't my new GeForce 7800GS+ card got better specs than the one you suggested? So how can I still get jerky videos ?

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 1:24 pm
After trying a few different things, it seems .avi files encoded with 3ivX are the worste. Almost all my collection is in that format and for some reason they are now all un-playable because of how jerky they are.

They used to play OK, even on the laptop. I don't know what's gone wrong to make them all play jerky!?

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:03 pm
you 7800gs has a core clock of 400mhz its a full 100mhz slower then the 6600gt

are you using the internal decoder or windows media decoder

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:18 pm
I have to change it to Windows Media Decoder or the .avi files made with the 3ivX codec won't play at all.

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 2:43 pm

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:05 pm
I don't have any experience with these 3vix files. I would say to be sure rip one dvd to vob format and use the internal decoder and test to be sure. Make sure you have the decoders installed and ready. that card is the same i believe. You can also use the 6800GT both cards have been tested and known to work great in vdj I always use the 6600gt because its less power demanding then the 6800.

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:41 pm
GPU/VPU NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GS OC
Maximum Resolution 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz
Video Memory 256MB
Memory Type 256-bit GDDR3
Memory Bandwidth 33.6GB/sec.
Interface Type AGP
Interface Speed 8X
Connector(s) DVI
TV/S-Video
VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)

This should really do the trick

Would this be really good for video?????

dj mIked

Inviato Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 5:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i think thats alright

what do u think cyder lol

Inviato Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:39 pm
Its not getting cyder approval with a core clock of 425mhz...

Inviato Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 5:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)