Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No timecode signal found

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've connected the output of my cd decks to the input of my MK2 console.

When I go into Config for my timecode cd, I can see the waveform moving in the config window but when I hit Auto config I get an error saying that no timecoded signal can be found!

The only problem I can think is, the waveform is very loud and I'm not getting the full wave, in the config window, only tne middle part. I can't seem to make it any quieter. If I was to burn another CD with a quieter wave, will this fix the problem. Or is there something else I need to do.

STEVE

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 11:52 am
Update:

Burned a quieter CD and it worked fine. I have now upgraded to pro.

I'm am now getting the same problem again, this time the wave fits nicely into the cofig window, but I am getting no timecode signal found again.

when I hit play on my CD decks, the disk on VDJ starts spinning but the mp3 doesn't play.

STEVE

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 1:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:22 pm
I've followed the tutorial but it hasn't made much difference.

The TCCD now controlls the mp3 OK but the sound quality is terrible, it sounds as if it's under water, the pitch keeps wobbling up and down, but the tempo stays the same.

I have burnt cd's at -6, -9, and -12 bd. The -9 and -12 seem to work OK but the timecode quality is still 0%, no matter what I do it won't change.

STEVE

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:27 pm
can you post an image of your timecode config

you can use this to get a bb code for this

www.tinypic.com

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 5:53 pm
Well here's egg on my face:-)

I've just switched everything back on and it is all working perfectly.

Thanks very much for the help though.

The only problem I have now is, when I play a normal CD and bypass the console using the audio source button the song is heavily distorted. I've checked the input switch and there both set to line in.

Steve

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 6:19 pm
adjust the eq

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 06 @ 7:45 pm
The only eq settings I have are on my mixer and they make no difference to the distortion.

The sound seems as if it's clipping as it's only when the bass kicks in. I have tryed turning the volume down on the MK2 settings but the distortion is still there.

The Only reason I can think is the input signal is too loud, but I have no way of turning this down as the output from my CD decks is going straight into the back of my console.

STEVE

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 10:01 am
OK. Found the problem on the Hercules site

"The Inputs of the console are made for consumer grade devices with a line level output -10Bu, such as mp3 player, portable cd player etc.
Some DJ peripherals using 2v line level, or professional devices using +4dBv will overload the input signals and consequently create distortion if connected to the DJ console line inputs."

So thats me screwed then :(

Does anyone know when the timecoded vinyl will be avaliable?

STEVE

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 11:36 am
thekiteman wrote :
OK. Found the problem on the Hercules site

"The Inputs of the console are made for consumer grade devices with a line level output -10Bu, such as mp3 player, portable cd player etc.
Some DJ peripherals using 2v line level, or professional devices using +4dBv will overload the input signals and consequently create distortion if connected to the DJ console line inputs."

So thats me screwed then :(

Does anyone know when the timecoded vinyl will be avaliable?

STEVE

if you are from usa or canida, available now
other places about 2 weeks

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 06 @ 2:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)