Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help a Blonde - Sound Quality

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Good morning

I have 1600 songs on my IPod. I have a new laptop and wanting to transfer all my songs to my new laptop. My Ipod is not formatted with a Mac yet, so I had to transfer the songs using Senuti (or similiar) to a friends PC, burnt them to a DVD disk, then uploaded them to my Mac.

Now I have a problem. The majority of the files are in mp3 format (or m4p for Apple Mac) and I am wanting them in WAV because I've been told that this is a better sound quality format, not realising that I should have been converting them to .wav files from the original, I just spent a few hours transferring all 1600 songs to .wav when my new laptop ran out of disk space (used all 70 GB already).

So what do you suggest? I am wanting to DJ from CD's, but also want the music in my Itunes and Ipod. What file format do CD DJ's keep their music in on itunes? what file format do they burn their music to CD in?

Please help! any advice, suggestions, tips etc are welcome.

Peace and much love for the music,

Inviato Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 8:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
converting to wav will take up alot of space

not much you can do

if your computer is a pro copy of xp you can go to disk properies and press compress meaning you can have a bit more space :)

Inviato Wed 08 Nov 06 @ 9:25 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's true that a .wav is better quality than an mp3, but it will only sound as good as the original source. For example, converting a 128kbps mp3 into a wav file will still sound like a 128kbps mp3, you can't put back what isn't there!

Inviato Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 6:45 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
very true

Inviato Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 6:49 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well if that is the case i would keep all the files in mp3. rather then fill up your nice new laptop why not just buy a eternal hard drive. It keep the files from wasting space on your lap plus it will store tons of mp3's with just one usb plug and your whole collect is there.

Inviato Thu 09 Nov 06 @ 10:04 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
listen2 wrote :
well if that is the case i would keep all the files in mp3. rather then fill up your nice new laptop why not just buy a eternal hard drive. It keep the files from wasting space on your lap plus it will store tons of mp3's with just one usb plug and your whole collect is there.

Good idea... I take it eternal hard drives never crash? ;-)

Inviato Fri 10 Nov 06 @ 9:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)