Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I think I found the video hesitation solution

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I was having the same problem as everyone else and I think I found the solution. When I would try to cue up a second video there would be a hesitation and a momentary change of video mode. With an external projector this would often cause it to blank the screen for a second while it tried to resync to the video stream, but not always.

My nvidia drivers have their own control panel for tweaking things. There is a section labeled "Full screen video controls" where you can select which display has the full screen video. It allows me to choose a device from the "Full screen device" pulldown. Typically it's set to "auto-select" but if I set it to "disable" then the video card doesn't try to choose a display for full-screen playback for me.

I think what was happening was that the video card was trying to take over and show the newly loaded video on the second display, and there was a momentary battle for control between virtualDJ and the card itself. I now have no hesitation problems and no blanking of the projector display.

Specs: Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop with Nvidia Geforce Go 6800

Inviato Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 9:00 pm
I forgot to mention: no special video drivers. These are the stock drivers from Dell. In fact, they're not even the latest generation of drivers, and they work fine.

Inviato Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 9:01 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Attention Dek:

If this is the problem I have been describing for 2 months, then this may be great.

I just want to check:

Is your problem, when a video is playing out and you load (or drop) the next video on the other deck to get it ready, the video playing on the projector pauses slightly???

please tell me if this is what happens, becuse I too now believe after much research it is an NVIDIA card setting conflict with VDJ that does not take place with ATI cards at all.

i never had blank screen and am not sure when you said "cueing the next video" if you simply meant droppping it over the last video to get it ready.

I also recently tried lowering the hardware acceleration in the NVIDA card and the pause went away!!!! but now when I back spin the video in cue, it is again making the outputting video slighly pause so I am back where I started.

I am anxious to try your suggestion but want to know if your problem is what I described above: slight hesitation on outputted video?

if so has it been totally resolved?

thanks!!!
B

Inviato Sat 18 Nov 06 @ 10:54 pm
Yes, by "cueing" I meant loading a video into the idle player while another video was playing. I was getting more than a hesitation, I was often getting a single frame of the new video, or a single "LOADING" frame.

I spent hours poking at this, and about another hour reading the forums to discover that maybe people with nvidia laptop video cards were having similar problems, and no solution yet existed. Most suggested fixes sounded coincidental. I've never heard of someone suggesting lowering the performance slider as a logical solution to a problem. It's like someone telling you that your computer crashed because you had too many open programs. The computer crashed for other reasons, the multiple programs just accelerated the crash likelihood.

Anyways, I used VirtualDJ for a good four hour gig tonight and didn't have a single hiccup. Video loading and playing was quite smooth, quite an impressive piece of software!

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 8:59 am
BTW: I tried a mixture of content, from xvid/lame 320x240 stuff to VOBs pulled from pomoonly DVD sets to setlf encoded DV content.

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 9:36 am
Hi-

In order for me to see what you did, i just want to make sure we had the same initial problem.

I know you have a laptop with an NVidia card so chances are it's the same.

A video would play out, and when you loaded another one on top of another in cue, the video playing out would pause for like 1/8th of a second?

So small some people would say they can;t even notice it, but on 10 large projectpr screens it's noticaeble.

I would like to talk to youin more detail about the steps I need to take to fix it.

i did go the Nvidia setting like you mentioned earlier and when I went, regarding seting about display, I did not have auto detect clicked.

anyway- can you help me with exact steps if you think this is the same probloem many are having?

Are you here in the U.S. (maybe phone?)
thanks,

B

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 11:23 am
Yes, that describes the problem. I only have that setting as an option when the second display is connected and I have my windows desktop extended onto the second display ("Span").

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 8:40 pm
Isn't the demo version limited to not allowing full screen video?

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 10:07 pm
I think I'll wait until you have bought the program and then we can work through everything just to be sure.

Thanks though.

hope you buy it.

B

Inviato Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 11:22 pm
I thought the demo version dies after 20 minutes and needs to be restarted.

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 1:15 pm
No the demo is a full version limited to 30 days.

Inviato Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 9:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)