Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Some advice using turntables

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I currently use the Hercules MK2 mixer with the VDJ software that comes with it. I'm looking into a nice pair of turntables but I don't really understand that whole concept. I don't get how the music I've heard DJ's play is digital, but they are records. (sorry, new to the turntables, they may not be records) How does all that work? Cartridges? I have a hard time believing that they use actual records seeing as they'd probably be hard to come by. (again, I'm talking out of my ass here, new to turntables, but not DJing) Thanks for your advice.

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 1:42 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 2:23 pm
WoozieHome userMember since 2006
Thanks. This is DJ on a Hill. A while back I registered with the VDJ forums and then forgot the login info. I just checked my archives on Outlook Express and found the old info. So I'm going to go and delete the DJ on a Hill account. Unless there's any way to cancel this one and still be able to register the MK2 with the DJ on a Hill account.

Back on topic:
Where it says

"If you want to use two turntables (which is highly recommended), you will obviously need two turntables, but also two line-in inputs on your PC. Be aware that you CAN NOT use the line-in and the mic inputs on the same sound card.
Thus, you'll need either two sound cards or a professional ASIO soundcard having several line-in inputs ."

Can I buy a splitter that turns the one mini-jack into two? You know, like you see people that have it on airplanes when they are sharing a movie.

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 5:55 am
Do I really need Virtual DJ Pro? I have Virtual DJ 2.0 that came with my MK2. I'd think that would work.

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 8:49 am
yes you need pro as the copy with home is a limited copy

you could infact use the mk2 as your soundcard for timecode if u want ;)

Inviato Tue 21 Nov 06 @ 11:12 am
Ok. I'm considering buying a pair of Stanton T80 Direct Drive turntables. I want to use my MK2 as my mixer, but in order to do that, I need Virtual DJ Professional, correct? So my entire list of things needed should be:
Two Stanton T80's
and
Virtual DJ Professional
(plus any other accessories I feel I need)
I just want some advice so I don't go and spend all this money only to find that it all won't work together. Thanks for your help.

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 12:41 am

Inviato Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 10:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)