Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Bug in virtual folders

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

It seems that there is a bug in the virtual folders. It allows you to drag the same file in there more than once. Is this intentional that it work this way? If it is, I don't think it should behave that way.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to remove a file from a virtual folder or at least I couldn't figure it out. Right clicking on the file has delete and remove from search db options but I don't want either of those. I just want to remove the dup.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 1:22 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you 'Delete' an entry from a virtual folder, it does just that... removes the entry from the virtual folder - NOT DELETE the file from you system.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 2:42 am
cstoll wrote :
When you 'Delete' an entry from a virtual folder, it does just that... removes the entry from the virtual folder - NOT DELETE the file from you system.

But when you delete a file from the database it deletes the file from the hard drive right?

I guess I'd better be very careful using the delete option since the same menu item behaves differently, depending on whether or not I'm in a virtual folder or not. I mean, I better look on the left pane to see what is selected (a virtual folder, a favorites folder or the local database).

Ok, well I just tried it. Delete in a virtual folder does absolutely nothing. It doesn't remove the duplicate entry. It actually does nothing.

Also, another bug in virtual folders I see. When I sort the folder by BPM and then click away, when I click back to the folder the folder is not sorted by BPM and then I need to click sort by BPM again. Is this the intended behavoir?

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 5:10 am
anewsome wrote :

I guess I'd better be very careful using the delete option since the same menu item behaves differently, depending on whether or not I'm in a virtual folder or not. I mean, I better look on the left pane to see what is selected (a virtual folder, a favorites folder or the local database).

i was thinking, maybe a better idea would be not to use the same identical menu item naming on virtual folders and real folder if they behave differently. maybe on virtual folders label it "Delete from Virtual Folder" and maybe on real folders, label it "Delete from Hard Drive". Or something like that.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 5:12 am
anewsome wrote :
Ok, well I just tried it. Delete in a virtual folder does absolutely nothing. It doesn't remove the duplicate entry. It actually does nothing.

It actually does. If you close VDJ, next time you open it the file won't be in the virtual folder. I think the VDJ 4.0 GUI has a refresh problem.
About the sorting, yeah, that would be great if it's fixed.
I had also mentioned something about the ability for vdj to realize that the user is adding a duplicate file within the virtual folder a while ago. Maybe the team is looking into it.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 5:32 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)