Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon CD Players and Virtual DJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I downloaded the trial version and am playing around with it quite a bit to see if this is something I should invest into; so far I'm loving it! Well today I came one step closer to the big move by purchasing a sound card (m-audio Fast Track Pro). I have everything hooked up and running and everything seems to work fine except for the using the CD Player as a controller part.

I use the Denon x-1500 for my mixer and Denon s-5000 CD Players. As I stated above, everything running through the mixer sounds fine, but the controller does not respond to my CD players as "controlers." Are they not compatible? When I attempt to (for the lack of better terms) let the computer know I want to control the music (like scratching) with my external CD players, that's where I think my problem is (but I'm new to this so I may be way off base here). With the Virtual DJ program open I click on "config" then on the "Sound Setup" tab. From there I click on "Timecode Config." Once there, I select "CD" then press "Auto Config" and when I do that I receive the following message:

"No timecode signal found. Please play a timecoded vinyl on the turntable and try again. If it's still not working, check your cables, and the volumes of your soundcard."

I checked everything as suggested, but everything seems fine to me. I can even see in the diagram box that it's reading the signal, just not picking it up for some reason. Can someone please help me out here. Only have a few days left of the trial version so I want to figure out if this is going to be a problem BEFORE I spend the $$$ - know what I mean?

Thanks again!!!

Ivan "Pitufo" Montero
Montero Music, Los Angeles, CA
www.monteromusic.com

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 6:15 am
that soundcard wont work for time code control...it only has outputs

you will need a soundcard with 4 inputs and 4 outputs like maya44usb(might find one on ebay or somethin' but they dont make em anymore).

try getting a u46dj -this is the replacement for maya44usb

i also use the dn s5000's to control vdj and it works perfect imo

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:55 am
Cool. So it's the soundcard, not the CD Player that's the problem, right?

t boogie,
how do your s-5000s respond to the program? Pretty precise? What type/style of music do you spin?

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 6:09 pm
i use the maya44usb and its precise as it gets;
i spin hip hop ,r&b,booty bass techno, and baltimore club music. and yes i am what they call a scratch dj so i put it thru alot .heheh

with the s5000's u can use the two hot starts the brake effect (but not the echo fx )the dump/reverse works also. there is an fx in vdj that does the loop/echo out so its cool plus my mixer (x-9)has alot of cool fx i use as well .

also if u burn tccd twice on one disk , you can control both players 1 and 2 with one deck which is cool too.

i'm thinking of getting the u46dj as a backup in case my maya ever goes out (knock on wood )lol

just make sure the soundcard u get is asio compatible and has 4inputs and 4outputs or you wont be able to use tccd o tcvinly ;-) good luck hope you like the program (while everyone on denon dj was getting hooked on serato , i was working on getting this video thing together;now i see ppl trying to use serato +vdj together for the video heheh(guess i saved myself bout $600 lol))

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 9:15 pm
T-Boogie,

I'll be using my set for basically the same thing so it's good to hear someone using the same equipment I'm attempting to use have success with it. The concept is great, just can't wait to make it happen!

I'm not too concerned about the effects not working on the s5000 players because my mixer (Denon x-1500) has fx also that I'm pretty happy with.

Regarding your comment about controlling both players 1 and 2 with one deck, do you only take one deck to your gigs or do you use two? I've seen a few DJs in this area that only use one TT w/ Serato. Speaking of, everyone over here is hung up on Serato as well...whatever works for them I suppose. One of the biggest turnoffs for me was that there is no automatic key adjustment when you alter the speed of your track which makes you get that Darth Vader/Chipmunk sound when you slow it down or speed it up (I hear a fix is in the works though). Then, I like the capability of doing videos as well. I've never been a video kinda guy, but at least w/ VDJ I have that option.

I ordered the u46dj today so I hope I get it soon and it works like I think it's going to work.

Thanks again!!!

Ivan "Pitufo" Montero
Montero Music, Los Angeles, CA
www.monteromusic.com

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 11:15 pm
great to hear bout the soundcard.. hope to see you as a registered user soon ;-)

normally i like to take both players (since its already set ina coffin ) but its good to have a back up plan already to go . i see your in cali i 've been back and forth from cali to detroit for the last three years ..
its hard to get a gig out here(i'm in temecula) the inland empire =no mans land LOL. i'm headed to the D this weekend and already got three gigs lined up for the week

p.s : turn off the keylock on the players when using them with vdj cause theres already a keylock feature in the program(so they will collide with each other and make a clicking/studder sound).
also if you're uing a laptop be sure to use adapters on the plugs or you'll have ground loop problems (feed back noise coming thru speakers).good luck/have fun

BOOGIE
http://www.myspace.com/dj_t_boogie

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 12:21 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
hope to see you as a registered user soon . vdj is the best

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 2:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)