Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is this crossfader around?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone,

I use VDJ and video with 2 different club mixers. One has a crossfader the other doesn't. I like and use knobs on both mixers and don't use the crossfader at all. I currenly have assigned the left and right arrows on my lappy to crossfade video with 1 touch.

HERE's my question...

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a little tiny standalone crossfader out on the market (USB)that I can hookup to my laptop to just do the video crossfading part of VDJ and continue to do the volume levels with the external mixer knobs?

Is there one of these out there?

Thanks!!!

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 5:27 am
if there is I want 1 too... stop reading my mind ...heheh
can someone make a midi crossfader that connects via usb or fiewire(usb being first choice) i will buy one if i could find one

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 5:46 am
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's not that difficult to build a USB based MIDI crossfader like that. But i guess that just the material would be something like $50-60 for a single unit.

I have for some time been thinking about building a 19" , 0.5U or 1U USB based MIDI "Video-controller" to VDJ, with crossfader, 2-3 rotary knobs and 4-6 buttons. I think that would be much more useful.

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 8:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried to such for a USB Crossfader stand-alone on GOOGLE and I kept coming up to what I would suggest -- Evolution X-Session, I have two off them and being it's MIDI you can assign things like your UNLOAD issue to a button of choice, You would have 16 rotaries to assign. Look into it - BTW $109 -119 in most online stores. Even if you could find or build what you are looking for you would spend at least half that as pern stated.

Also, watch out for the M-Audio X-session ads, the graphic shows the Evolution X-Session style but what you would get is the NEW M-Audio X-Session Pro.

cstoll

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 12:48 pm
HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
WOW- thanks for that- I too did some research and kept coming up with those.

i just wished it was super small and only a crossfader;

:-)

B

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 12:57 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you got an "old" joystick port on your computer, then you can build it for about $10 .

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 1:04 pm
pern wrote :
If you got an "old" joystick port on your computer, then you can build it for about $10 .

can you elaborate on this for me/us

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 7:22 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
looks like this

same as midi port on soundcard

Inviato Tue 28 Nov 06 @ 10:28 pm
Ask Cyder. He took a crossfader from somewhere, and configured it for video. Then he put into his console. Check his blog, it may still be there.

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 12:59 am
@ Cyder : is this true !! thats what i wanna do ; would luv some info or a how to ;)

i'm still using my tascam x-9 which they had originally promised a midi option then the whole project got scrapped altogether (wish i could've got their plans or sumthin ) now i got an xtinct azz mixer with no support ( since the forum went down Twice and all the other b..s..).
this would be a big help .
my other options are checkin out the size of the original x session(but i really dont have no where in my coffin to put it) and saving for a pio800(need to find out how good midi mappin is for it with vdj)

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 3:28 am
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I use the M-Audio X-Sessions Pro. I recommend it to you. Worth every cent. Cost me more because I had to get it sent overseas, but the shows it pulls off is awsome. However I wouldnt mind changing the midi fader myself, to something somewhat better qulity, as im used to high qulity faders dammit! Any recommendations anyone? Hell I use one deck and use the headphone buttons to select which deck I want to control with my TCV. Still pull of a mean show with 1 TT....

Inviato Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 8:33 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can get an old broken Hercules MK1 for about $100 (infamous button problem) and use just its cross-fader. Keep the bulk of the Unit hidden somewhere and then just extend the wires to its crossfader, positioning it whereever you want, like right below the crossfader on your mixer. I believe that is what Cyder did.
If you already use a Hercules, then you will have to use the MIDI port of the broken Hercules to get that functionality though because you can't have 2 on the USB (as far as I know.) In that case though, you might as well just map one of the knobs to the video fader like I did.

Adding a Hercules via USB will also give you access to a bunch of other controls too that you can map to whatever your heart desires... not to mention a 6 Channel USB sound card ;)

Another option would be a Hercules mp3 (no sound) which is about $100 new.
Or a Griffin Powermate http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/ which you can apparently get for about $18 shipped on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GRIFFIN-POWERMATE-PC-USB-MULTIMEDIA-KNOB-CONTROLLER_W0QQitemZ230058877097QQihZ013QQcategoryZ31534QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 12:24 am
i actully sold my mk1 i had on ebay...before vdj3.4 update came out :(

-that griffins nice but i wanna beat juggle and scratch in the vids (would be hard with a turn knob)
-yea i read on a few forums that the xsession faders r cheap feeling(dont think they r replaceble either)

I use a road ready coffin with everything in it already so it would be hard to hide a mk cause theres no room .maybe the first xsession originally made by evolution it might fit in front of my mixer if i angled the mixer upin the back...hmmm ...then buttons would be in the way of mixing huh

heres my setup

Inviato Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 2:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)