Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: problems with master tempo when using tcv

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

what does the tc up and down options do in 4.2? i've tried messin with these and nothing happened

why does it take like 2 seconds for the master tempo to kick in when usin the tcv? this is very annoying cause im a fast mixer and this is slowing me down. how i normally mix for some crowds is i set the pitch slider to where it has to be and then drop the song like slam mixing cause some of these crowds get confused when they hear two songs mixed at the same time and they don't know what to do!!! lol well if i do it that way, 2 to 3 seconds after i drop the song, the pitch goes back to master tempo?!?!? i actually have to set the pitch to where it should be, then play the song for a wahile to get vdj to set the master tempo, then i can drop the song or mix. is it just me? shouldn't this feature be instantanious (how ever thats spelled). i mean like when u set the pitch slider and start the song, the program should hear that the time code is slower or faster and automatically adjust the speed of the song while maintaining the master key instantly? thats how it is in traktor and torq btw.

can someone tell me what i can do about this.

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
which timecode mode do you use?

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:36 pm
up/down is to adjust for noise/interfearance

Adjust the pitch sensitivity, and see if that helps

Do you use smart mode, with master tempo activated in TC CONFIG ?

Inviato Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:55 pm
ive used all three modes and i still get the same thing!!! when i cue it up in the headphones it sounds good but when i play it, about 3 seconds i'll here vdj adjust the master key!!! and so does the whole crowd!!! i havent messed with the pitch sensetivity yet so that might be the key

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:20 am

Also, try NOT using the master tempo in timecode config, but rather use it in skin...
(if the tc config master tempo dont work for you),

To use in skin keylock (master tempo) , or by keyboard shortcut, you need to run tc in SMART mode

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:28 am
ok i will try that! thanks did anyone read my thread about gettin vdj to read id3 tags?

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:31 am

ID3tag support is on the work list ;) maybe next upgrade

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:37 am
thank god!!!!! i will wait till then cause right now i am live on the air from 2 different places and i need to have all my songs available to me with the right bpm

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:17 am
djirschPRO InfinityMember since 2004
HI,

I have the same problem with the master tempo, it takes too long to react. Like you said you have to premix to avoid the delay, if you want to adjust your pitch live your done because of the delay...

Hope this can be fixed.

Thanks

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:49 am
yea thats exactly what i was trying to say!!! if ur in a long mix and you ride the pitch fader the master tempo doesn't keep up if you move it !!! when you think you got the mix right, the master tempo kicks in and it makes your mix sound messed up!!!

i tryed key lock in the skin and it does the same thing!!!

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 5:45 am
Try adjusting the pitch sensitivity in the timecode advanced options. The default is 2000ms (2 seconds)

Try setting it to a lower value (E.g: 500)

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 4:18 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
To use the keylock on skin you must be in Smart mode? Is that what I'm hearing? I use relative or absolute so that would be the issue I've had problems with it.

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 5:37 pm

relative MIGHT work.....

Absolute mode will absolutely not work ;) as from 4.2, the absolute mode is REAL absolute, meaning that NO software aids will work, only pure timecode control.

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 7:22 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
as from 4.2, the absolute mode is REAL absolute, meaning that NO software aids will work, only pure timecode control.

cool ; so if you wanna see how good your skills are this is the mode for ya :D
lets see who can really beat match now
~ heheheheh

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 7:35 pm
hehe... exactly;) its hard core vinyl... so beatmatch is all manual :) in absolute mode

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 7:37 pm
absolute mode is what i use the most cause thats the only good mode in traktor!!! i am a turntablist but its nice to be able to do creative mixes that would sound horrible with out a good key lock!!! i've tried everything you guys said and theres still a delay so i guess i have to forget about key lock ;-(

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 9:54 pm
what cpu r you using ; what is it set to in vdj>performance;did you try safemode on/off;hardware acc on/off (trying to help cause i know what you're feelin bout that keylock)

my denons have built in keylock but i cant use it w/vdj =(

Inviato Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 10:10 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)