Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: error in the video driver again

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

won't play any video any format

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 4:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
have you changed any thing on your computer recently?

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 6:01 pm
hi sky,i was just wracking my brain trying to think of just that......after a couple of reboots everything is back...can't explain....i tried to launch cstoll's xml tool but couldn't find it.......i have it installed,where is it/ what's the name of the file??

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 6:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its called RunVirtualdj.exe

good to hear your back on track computers have there moments =)

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 6:19 pm
epecially laptops w/ mce......!@#$%^&*&^%$#@!

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 6:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it's called runVDJ.exe and should be in your C:\\Program Files\\VirtualDJ folder.
Any how, fixing your Database XML file is not going to correct video issues.

cstoll

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 6:58 pm

Windows Media Center Edition (in the usuall Microsoft spirit) has a process that can block or interfere with other programs trying to use video out...

some say this is made intentinal by Microsoft, to prevent other "media center" programs to run, and wouldn't suprice me if it was true..

Starting with Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) , a process (ehrec.exe) runs at all times, monopolizing the tuner device on the system. This will prevent any program other than MCE, from using the tuner device...

This process MIGHT also on some graphic cards, prevent video from being played, in other apps.

Try kill that process..

See if it helps ;)

Will hopefully free the video driver if the problem occurs again

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 7:00 pm
thanks norway ...if the database were corrupted does that mean problems w/ items you setup in config as well as the music/video data???

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 7:21 pm
the new windows media center (player) really sucks....sorry that was rude, shouldn't have said "windows media center" lol

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 7:25 pm
i have an ehrecvr.exe .......is that it?

Inviato Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 9:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)