Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using SSL box and time codes for VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

crussinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If i would like to use VDJ with my two technics turntables....and pioneer djm400 mixer- and i already have SSl time coded vinyl and serato box......is there any reason or benefit to geting the VDJ brand time coded vinyl???

is anyone here using the SSL with VDJ- primarily to do video with?

fyi it will be done on a dell xps laptop and gigaport ag soundcard

I also have the dac3 but wanted to try this with turntables....

thanks in advance for your wisdom and advice!

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 10:56 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
crussin wrote :
and i already have SSl time coded vinyl and serato box......is there any reason or benefit to geting the VDJ brand time coded vinyl???

Yes, the benefit is full functionality of using the vinyl. What I mean by that is with the SSL vinyl things like track browsing, needle drop, etc are not do able. Need the VDJ Vinyl for those features.

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 12:55 pm
WAIT with buying VDJ timecodes untill next (3rd) generation. I have now both SSL and VDJ timecoded vinyls and VDJ vinyls just plain suck compared to SSL vinyls. VDJ software on the other hand, is so much better than SSL, but there are serious stability issues with VDJ timecodes, making useless in many gig situations.

And as the other user said - there´s really no fun in using SSL vinyls with VDJ. Without needle dropping, it´s a bit hopeless.

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 1:33 pm
If you are using my DAC-3 mapper, you can use both the DAC-3 and TCV together. Press SHIFT+R on the DAC-3 to switch timecode control on/off on each deck.

Inviato Tue 23 Jan 07 @ 6:46 pm
AsanalHome userMember since 2006
two questions:

a) How is it possible to use SSL vinyl and

b) when is Virtual DJ third generation timecode released?

Thx

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 1:21 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
config in the same way as virtual dj vinyl

soon it will be available in usa and canida

or in the virtual vinyl package from numark which includes timecodes vdj pro (numark cue)

and a soundcard.

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 07 @ 2:46 pm
Sky-

Do we have an availability or ship date for Virtual Vinyl yet?

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 2:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its available for preorder

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 3:20 pm
ohh so the ssl vinyl works with VDJ? just cant use the needle drop or scroll functions but everything else works just as good?

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 7:24 pm
djkapitalkev wrote :
ohh so the ssl vinyl works with VDJ? just cant use the needle drop or scroll functions but everything else works just as good?

No it does not, actually it depends on what you would define as 'works'.

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 11:16 pm
vjdaveHome userMember since 2007
I just found out my TORQ Vinyl doesn't work right with VDJ either. It will track but at the wrong speed. I just ordered the VDJ Vinyl and now I am worried since the guy posted earlier that Virtual DJ's Time Code Vinyl has "major issues". I am going to see if anyone else besides him on this forum is having major issues with Virtual DJ's TCV to see if I just wasted my money on buying the TCV.

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 7:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)