Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Shared IRQ question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Everywhere I read... it says to try to not have your sound card share any IRQs with any other devices.

Of course with my new laptop... you can't change these IRQs (at least I dont know how - the options are greyed out).

I am stuck with all the following being shared on PCI IRQ 16.

Broadcomm Gigabit Ethernet (I guess I could disable this since I probably will never use the RJ45 jack - I have a PCMCIA wireless card for internet)
Quadro 1500M video card (ouch... not disabling this)
Mobile Intel 955XM Express PCI Root Port (probably something important to the motherboard)
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition (my on board sound).

Am I screwed?

I do have one question. I am using the MK2 I own for the sound. I dont see any IRQ entries for the Hercules MK2. Does it use any IRQs or am I go with that... since its not listed its not sharing any hardware resources with other devices?

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 4:41 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 1:56 pm
Does the Hercules MK2 sound card use an IRQ? Cause I didn't see any.

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 07 @ 6:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
all devices should have a irq and or dma channel

Inviato Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 12:24 am
I have the EXACT same problem, same IRQ channel 16 & all. The mk2 & other USB devices don't show by name, only the root hub. I haven't found any fixes as of yet, tried just about everything other than doing a factory restore. The biggest problem here is windows limited number of IRQ's, every piece of hardware needs an IRQ and after video, usb, sound, network adapter, etc. it doesn't leave much room for add ons at all. So I gave up on trying to fix it and have opted to save up for a MAC (since MACs have an unlimited number of IRQ), it'll take a while to get me there, but this problem has made me really bitter towards microsoft. However, if you can find a fix please let me know;^]

Inviato Sat 27 Jan 07 @ 8:35 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)