Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sample Sync and Cueing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djtryptHome userMember since 2007
hiya, im trying out vdj right as im looking for a new tool for live performances. I tried out the timecode cds, works awesome, thinking about getting vinyl to try out.

tonight i started experimenting with the built in sampler. I like the functions and layout of it, but i cant get any of my loops to sync up with the current tempo. ig ot the newest version of vdj, tried mp3, and wavs, even renaming a wav to a .vdj. no luck

when i load one of my samples into one of the12 sample channels it always detects the sample as a jingle and not loop.

i went onto your forum and did a search and after a lil research i learned that with the current version of vdj, you cant load your own samples and have them beatlock to your tracks you are play. pretty much from what i have gathered you can only use seamless loops from loops created within vdj. this is very disappointing. It would be nice to be able to override and vdj insert in the loop info into the wav file or something, or maybe store it in a local sample database or soemthing.

i currently use ableton, reason, acid, and project5 to handle live performace, but really would like anall in one performance tool. VDJ is very promising.

My other complaint i have with the program is the fact that icant cue up a channel in the sampler to headphones or select an output channel for each of the channels in the sampler.

what im getting to is that it would be nice to be able to have each of the 12 channels in the sampler to be able to output to its own output channel on my soundcard. then i can use my dj mixer to handle mixing TC vinyl tracks within vdj, and then use another analog mixer to mixdown the samples on the fly. drag and drop files into thesampler channels like you can do with tracks in the rythm section would be a nice bonus too.

being able to output the bpm as midi would be awesome too, or even rewire so i can sync reason or acid up with the vdj, so i can use it to play loops and sequences. in turn making vdj become the master device, which syncs all of our gear.

other then that you have a very solid app :) good work

thank you for your time.

evan rawson

Inviato Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 3:18 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think the file format for the loops is .ogg try converting the files to ogg or using an ogg container for a standard mp3/wav stream. the data on the loop lenght must be stored in the tag somewhere, you could experiment with the provided loops and open them in a hex editor or indepth tag program to see if you can find the values used to controll loop lenghth etc.

if all else fails just load the loop ina deck and set a manual loop at the very start and end of the file and press the rec loop button to make it a loop. although this rencodes it as an Ogg Vorbis encoding it will work properly atleast.

good luck

and buy the thing, its good

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:04 am
djtryptHome userMember since 2007
how do i go about setting the start and stop point. Just put the position at the start of the loop and click loop in then

to complicating, its just easier to dub the loops over for now.

is there a way to patch effects or outputs of the sampler.

Inviato Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 6:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)