Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: skyfxl - decision made need advice

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi mate, sorry \'bout all the questions but......as im gonna commit this wedge i need help, you could\'nt call me a technophobe because what you dont know about cant scare you... thats where you & the rest of the crew come in, would it be possible to walk me through the installation and the plugins etc so i could get the best possible set up right first time or will it be a case of trial & error on my part. as you know i have had an issue with id3 tags but came across a post mentioning tagscanner would this fit in neatly with vdj? and would it be complicated to use effectively without compromising vdj, i suppose now you need to know about the laptop and the other bits to see if they will come up to spec :- laptop/pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz - 2.40GHZ. 512MB of RAM / video card/NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5100, 1x external sound card, 1x 40gb external hard drive used soley for karaoke, 1x 400gb external hard drive used for video & back up files for audio.as usual i await the advice of you & the rest of the team.

(please speak to me all knowing ones) lol >Tayla

PS.laptop 80gb

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 9:44 pm

VDJ install is straight forward, and plugins are installed automatically to the right place, when downloaded from our website.

VDJ idtag support is still simple, and you should really consider using this naming convention:
artist - track.mp3

That will read inside VDJ super fast, and correct, and you can use tools such as MP3 tag & rename to rename your files to the way above (from tags).

Or you can have VDJ read tags, and use same software as above, to make sure it has id tags written for artist and track correct.

VDJ can read or not read tags, by your own choice

Hope that helps ;)

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 9:48 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cool all sorted

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 10:30 pm
does that mean equipment comes upto spec?

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:19 pm
yes your pc is fine for "audio mixing"

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:20 pm
what about playing video/karaoke

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:22 pm
how large is your video card?

i would get more ram

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:28 pm

Karaoke will be ok, but video mixing will probably not be good, and not work in hardware accelerated mode (so fancy video effects in 3d cant be used).

For this the Go5100 is not powerfull enough, and too little ram

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:30 pm
you might be able to get this upgraded if its not intergrated

sounds like it might be however :(

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:32 pm
how do i find out about size of vid/card cant you tell from specs above? and where do i need more ram(lol) if you dont mind me asking. > Tayla

PS back in 1 hour (cheers)

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:33 pm

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:52 pm
ooh bugger just lost all my one touch finger typing. half an hours typing (fcuk!) i think what i said was:- for the video side it will be used only as background visuals on screens at the beginning of the night there will also be used in house advertising on them aswell, they are made in either mpeg or dvd format, or whatever you think will be best. we want to use background graphics like sonique when playing audio only or your advice taken on board. dont know if we can add externall graphics card will advise when i talk to kid in store as equipment is only 14 months old & cost 800 smackaroos for the laptop alone thanks for your indulgence > Tayla

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 1:46 am
you need a dedicated 512 mb graphics card

if you look in the general forum there is a new external graphics card which norway speaks of

Inviato Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 10:45 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)