Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Databse Updater

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Could someone please walk me through how to use the vdj databse updater. I'd like for vdj to use the BPM's that are stored in the tags of my files. I can't figure it out.

Inviato Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 7:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
follow the steps 1-5 its pretty explained on screen

:)

1 load files

2. scan files

3. process files

4. load database

5. save it :)

Inviato Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 12:16 am
Yeah, but it doesn't update. all the bpm's r staying the same. I've repeated those steps like 8 times.

Inviato Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 8:14 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You have to copy the database made in the VDJ Databse Updater folder to the virtual dj folder.
I just tried it and it works but it seems to have a bug - it displays the bpm in one decimal place and adds extra digits : example 99.05 will show as 9905.1

Inviato Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 9:25 am
Yeah i've done that but some of the tracks that say 90 or 80 bpm within the tags say 180 & 160 in vdj which is what vdj's bpm engine had given them anyway so, what gives?
Also which database updater r u using there seems to be two of them.

Inviato Sun 04 Feb 07 @ 5:27 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am using v 1.3 from johans.

Mantahoe wrote :
Yeah i\'ve done that but some of the tracks that say 90 or 80 bpm within the tags say 180 & 160 in vdj which is what vdj\'s bpm engine had given them anyway so, what gives?

Yeah, it seems that vdj does not really use the bpm from the tags - the skins show the bpm from the vdj bpm engine on the players - but shows the bpm from the tags in the browser. I don\'t know if this can be fixed in the skin - so the bpm from the tags also show up on the players when loaded - instead of the vdj calcuated tag.

Inviato Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 12:52 am
I guess that's why everyone's quiet about it. The programs is a wonderful idea but the crap doesn't work.

Inviato Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 2:15 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)